Thursday, March 14, 2013

update from Christy: the simple truth {one month later}


I'll be back later to share something thrifty with you {Lord-willing}, but first I wanted to share an update from my sweet sister-in-law Christy who lost her son just over one month ago. I know many of you have been praying for their family- what a blessing and gift you are to them!

Here is just a little of what she said over on her blog:
Right now many people are asking why my Jacob died. They want autopsy results to reveal the "problem". They want reasons. Inconclusive is not good enough. I understand that. But, for me, it is more precious that it is a mystery to us. I believe with all of my heart that God took him - much like Enoch. God walked beside him and delighted in him. And, on February 5th, 2013 at 2:00pm, it was time for him to go home - to walk with God. 
Jake's work here was completed. 
He had accomplished all that God had intended for him.
And what she wrote after that will take your breath away. She is a precious, precious woman, and I am completely confident that her obedience to the Lord in this time will be greatly rewarded in Heaven. She does love Him whole-heartedly, and she willingly takes the bad with the good because it is from her Father whom she trusts with all of her heart.

13 comments:

Mary said...

that's faith in action right there.
and utter dependence on God.
xoxo
thanks for sharing!

Mandy said...

oh, it's so amazing to see... it's just so incredible to me!

I hope you have a great day, girlie!! :D

thechattymommy said...

Can't believe it has been a month. Going over to her blog to read the rest.
Thank you to both of you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for giving us an update. I almost asked you yeasterday how she was doing. Her faith and trust in God blesses me so much. ~God Bless~

p.s. I only post anonymous because I don't know how else to do it. lol... I'm in no way computer savvy.

Joya Towne said...

Wow. What a blessing she is.

Lena J. said...

You'll be in my prayers. I'm sorry for your loss. May the Lord continue to strengthen you. May He wrap His arms around you and give you peace.

Mandy said...

I know- life goes by so quickly, doesn't it?

Mandy said...

oh thanks for letting me know! and thank you for thinking of them!

Mandy said...

Thank you for praying!

Mandy said...

I know! She's so amazing!

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry for your tragic loss. I read all the posts about sweet Jake. Then I cried. I have a son. He's my only child...I hope I never have to know the devastation of burying him. I greatly admire Christy's strength! What a powerful testament!

Mandy said...

It is so amazing! thank you for thinking of them and caring so much for them! It makes my heart so thankful!

Mandy Hornbeck said...

First of all allow me to express my sincere condolences for the tragic loss of your little one. Thank you Christy for publishing your story. You see my little girl (Abigayle SueAnn) was born 4 months pre-mature on May 19, 2007. She passed away 27 minutes later. I envy your strength. I could not comprehend why God would give me the child I had prayed for so long and then take her away. But I left the hospital that night which was a Saturday and I got up the next morning and went to church. I needed answers and I knew I would find them there. Well after the funeral and everything was over my Mother who always said she didn't believe in Heavan or Hell asked if she could come to church with me ! She was so overcome with conviction that morning. When it came time for the alter call she went to the pastor and told him that God had spoken to her and she needed to be saved !!! The following Sunday 2 of my sisters joined me at church and they were saved as well !!! I got this overwhelming feeling of peace in my heart. My questions had been answered. You see they wanted to come with me to just be with me because I became completely withdrawn. So you see had it not been for my precious Abigayle's brief time on Earth with us they never would have been saved. Once that realization hit me I was like wow !!! I love and miss my daughter everyday but, God showed me that there was a purpose for her and she fullfilled it ! Exactly 4 months later I found out I was pregnant again. You see she was pre-mature because I have an incompetent cervix. Most Dr's told me to give up. I would never carry a baby to term. Not my Dr. he knew exactly what to do. So to make a long story short, on June 9, 2008 I gave birth to a 7 lb 3oz perfectly healthy baby boy !!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...