May 31, 2013

31 weeks: baby #5 {pregnancy update}

It's been a while since I did a real update on the baby, so I thought I'd do one today! This little one is growing like a weed, and painting my toenails is nearly impossible these days. :D


How far along: 31 weeks! Only single digit weeks left, baby! :D

Baby size: Around 17 inches and 3.5-4 lbs. I really believe he's pushing 4 at this point! :D

Weight gain: Still average, which I'm happy with, especially after a free-for-all vacation... LOL!

Belly button: Out... way out. {this didn't happen until baby #3 if I remember right!}

Maternity clothes: No, I still prefer bigger regular clothes- but my belly is growing more and more so a Bella band is often needed these days so I don't have to pull down my shorter shirts all the time. :) 

Gender: Boy.

Movement: I felt him move for the first time at 12 weeks, and he's getting so big now my belly flops when he moves and rolls. You can really see his little body! It's crazy. It looks like I have an alien in my belly. :)

Sleep: Most of the time well, but occasionally I wake up early still and can't go back to sleep no matter how few hours it's been. I really love taking naps when they get to happen.

Food aversions: Coffee most of the time {an aversion that didn't start until my 3rd trimester!}, and any dairy products, sugar, or meat this week. I want nothing but fruit these days! :) Preferably watermelon.

Food cravings: Watermelon {ahem}, honeydew, and McAlister's tea!

Labor signs: He hangs out pretty low these days, is head down, and I have Braxton Hicks contractions usually every night. I usually dilate pretty early on {2-3 by 36 weeks}, and I have a feeling that's why. :)

Best moment this week: Feeling the baby's arms and legs moving at the same time. I can feel individual little body parts, and it's so fun. :) I made Rob hold my belly one night and he asked if I was sure I could sleep with that much going on. He's a strong little one!

Non-baby-related favorite moment this week: Hearing my boys quote Isaiah 53:1-12 at their graduation program. Nothing makes me happier than hearing some of the most important words coming out of their little minds. :)

What I miss: Being able to bend over, and not having my uterus on top of my ribs. The midwife was even surprised how high it went! :) I don't know how it's possible, but the baby kicks up in front of my ribs!

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing this little boy for the first time, and getting to hold and nurse him and kiss his soft little head. I'm so excited about that. :) I bought a package of diapers and I'm holding off on opening it until I get closer. Seeing those tiny diapers makes me realize how small he will be. :)

Comparison shots: left to right-19 weeks, 22 weeks, 26 weeks, 31 weeks {I think the brown shirt is at it's end until postpartum time, LOL!}:

That's certainly a lot of growing!! :D And the best is still ahead... ;) I've never done so many consistent shots before- it's been so fun to see how quickly I can grow!


How are all you pregnant mamas doing out there? 

How's the weather where you live right now? 
It's getting hot here- like 92, and jeans are officially out now! I feel like I'm sweating for two these days...lol!

Favorite week of pregnancy?
28-29 weeks was awesome for me. I wasn't uncomfortable- I could really feel the baby more, but was pregnant enough to enjoy being pregnant, and I was getting close to the end all at the same time. :D I was even feeling optimistic- like I would be happy to do it again someday! ;) 

25 comments:

  1. Awe...I love these. I'm in week 8 still dealing with morning sickness...uughjki!! It's about in the 100s here in southern, NV. Next door to Las Vegas. I haven't been outside in almost a week bcuz of sickness. Praying I get over it quick. Thanks for sharing...so encouraging.
    Blessings, Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I hope your morning sickness goes away very soon! Mine started getting better around 9 weeks, hopefully that will happen for you too! :) so excited you're pregnant!! :D ahhh! :D congratulations!!

      Delete
  2. I'm 23 weeks, also with a boy (this is our second boy, fourth child). This pregnancy is going great, just like the others. Weight gain is holding steady at one pound so far! I love being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! :D That's so exciting!! you're on the downhill slide, and loving it is so AWESOME! :D congrats to you on baby #4!! wohoo!

      Delete
  3. I'm 34 weeks today, with a boy, our 3rd overall. He is VERY low also and I've been having A LOT of braxton hicks. I even had a few regular contractions on Tues, thankfully I'm not dilated or anything. It's a little early for that. Mine seem to go head down and drop early on too. I'm thankful I haven't had to worry about breech babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so close!! how exciting! I can't wait to hear how it goes! :D hopefully quickly and easily! :D

      Delete
  4. I am 15 weeks now. Starting to get more energy, but feeling so emotional..lol..I have been able to exercise this whole time which has been great but am finding u am still gaining a lot since I am still nursing my 18 mo old... and craving protein!! It's in the 80's and 90's her in Florida, but I am looking forward to the afternoon showers. I am getting so excited to uhh ave this new little one in my arms but thankful for the 10 mo. To prepare!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I craved protein too for the first two trimesters- I know what you mean about time to prepare! It will be here sooner than we know it! :D congrats to you!! :D

      Delete
  5. Wish I was pregnant! I Like how you share updates with us, very personable. You look great like you havent gained a pound or an inch. I Hope you are resting well and Will have a smooth delivery and a healthy baby boy. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still right with you at 31 weeks and loving it! Definitely wanting dessert with every meal, still getting my walks in every day, and think that my little girl doesn't know which way is out, she's got one spot on my stomach that she loves to push on.

    I don't mind the heat, everyone keeps their A/C super low in the south (too low in my opinion) and we have lots of friends with pools who have offered to have us over (or we have not so subtly suggested they have us over).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, yay for the single weeks left! :D wohoo! I can't wait to hear how your delivery goes!! So exciting!! :D

      Delete
  7. You look so cute and happy. :) Congrats on being at 31 weeks! That little guy will be here before you know it. Sorry you have to be at the end during such heat.

    I also appreciate the pictures you posted. I am currently at 15 weeks with my first, and I am not showing whatsoever. I have a similar build to you (although you are a million times more toned than I am lol), and it was nice to see you looking so small still even at 19 weeks...and with your 5th! I know first time pregnancy usually the bump shows up later. But I can't even see any bulging above my pubic bone yet! So I am doing well, besides the mini-GUT I have (my tummy has been bloated for like 2 months straight...) I get tired of people trying to touch my tummy already when I wear a tighter shirt, because it's literally my stomach/GI and not my uterus! ha!

    I'm not sure I can say what my favorite week is since I am still just out of first tri, but I guess I have been having the second trimester "glow"...where I have been feeling really good. Besides that bloat, I actually don't even feel pregnant at all! I also have been ridiculously blessed and haven't been sick or anything at all this entire time.

    Praying things continue to go well for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!! I think 13-18 weeks was fun too- I was the most normal feeling then, and it was wonderful! How awesome that you haven't been sick! :D And I think the bloated feeling might be gone soon too- pretty soon you'll start feeling a hard little ball when you bend over and that's way more fun than bloated and soft to me. :D how much fun you're going to have experiencing it all for the first time! LOVE it! :D eek!

      Delete
  8. 14 weeks with #4 - we just found out it will be our third boy & we are so excited! Here in Indy, the weather has been humid. I've been keeping the A/C at 72. You look beautiful!! I'll keep you & your sweet family in my prayers for those final weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you!!! YAY for boy #3! I hope your next few months of pregnancy with #4 are amazing, and that you get extra rest! :D

      Delete
  9. 22 wks with #4 a boy! Feeling awesome and no maternity clothes for the most part!
    weather : In Oklahoma, so tornadoes right now :)

    Hannah H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wohoo! for boys and 4 is so much fun! :D Stay safe with all that crazy weather up there girlie!!

      Delete
  10. On week 14! Morning sickness is finally gone, and I am too fat for many of my pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sophie from FanceJune 1, 2013 at 5:02 AM

    No pregnancy for me!
    Weather in France: rain and cold (55 degrees)...I always wear sweaters and my winter coat and boots and socks, and we still have the heating...I wonder if I'm not going to live in Texas!
    Praying for you and your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Be careful with your abs is my tip for you! :) That your bellybutton is out could be a sign that all the pregnancies have stretched the linea alba, which could mean a risk for a diastasis recti (split abs) after pregnancy. You're fit so you're probably going to be fine anyway but just be careful and don't do any heavy ab work and after pregnancy start with strengthening your transverse abs with gentle exercises for a few weeks before you start with planks and other heavier exercises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you make beig pregnant look so effortless and fun! I love your enthusiasm :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not preggo right now...but I craved juicy fruits with all 5 of my little ones! I couldn't get enough either :) And I hate to make you jealous but weather is beautiful here in Hawaii...80 degrees and breezy!! Stay cool if you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are just too cute! I cannot paint my toes either and my feet have swelled up like huge, puffy marshmallows. LOL! I'm almost 39 weeks. It is GO TIME from here on out!!! Just painted the nursery (about to make a post with the photos of the project... and it was quite the project despite how little the room is!).

    Weather - I'm in Missouri. Lots of rain and thunderstorms. Today was a nice cool, sunny day but tomorrow (Tuesday) is going to be more rain and storms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm just ahead of you at 32 weeks with my second boy (third total). I'm feeling pretty good right now. Just done occasional discomfort. Finally got the nursery together. Next week is the last soccer game of the season so maybe I can slow down a bit and focus on baby prepping! It's warm here in TN but not unpleasant yet. This time of year is my favorite

    ReplyDelete

Oh, thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read every single one, and try to respond if I can! Thank you for being a part of the {bh} community!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...