May 28, 2013

back from vacation {where we went and pics} + the newest member of our family

We're probably weird,
but we loved being together every minute for so many days.
It's like that at home too though, LOL.
We're back from our 10th anniversary trip!! We went to Kauai for a week, and to say it was gorgeous is probably an understatement. I so wish I could have taken you with me! If you love warm weather, the mountains, and the beach with a breeze, you would love this place! :) It was beautiful.

But even more than that, I can't tell you how good it was to take a real break from everything. I realized right before we left that I was feeling really weary, and really needed to take a Sabbath from all the work, the noise, and all the little jobs I have. It was such a wonderful thing to get away for a week, and just focus on Jesus and my husband. I felt like I could take a deep breath and slow down while I was there, and I came back feeling more energized to start again! :D

It was awesome for my heart, and marriage too I think, and only possible because the Lord blessed us with such awesome parents who all took turns watching our kiddos while we were gone! They were the best! What a gift it was.

This view from our balcony definitely helped set the relaxed tone for the week:  ;)
our first sunrise in Kauai
And the long walks helped too:
enjoying a gorgeous trail with my love....we walked this far apart most of the time. {lol...just kidding! ;) }
Thanks to my weird pregnancy body clock, we got to see the sunrise every day! :D
how can people see this and not worship the Lord? I don't understand...He is SO amazing. It was such a precious time!
And then the weirdest thing happened while we were there...I couldn't even form a thought for the whole week regarding what needed to be done when we got back home. I tried to think about it and use the extra time I had to plan several times, and my brain would immediately shut down. Instead, I slept and ate good food {and a lot of it! I think the baby gained a whole pound last week- his kicks are crazy strong this week!!}. I didn't exercise other than hiking, I didn't write anywhere but in my journal, and I didn't make a single to-do list. It was like recovery mode for my body and mind. :D

I have lots of pictures and stories to share with you guys {we took at least 1000 pictures....the crazy tourists that we are}. :D, but I couldn't wait to tell you about this fun little thing who joined our family yesterday:



Her name is Rella, short for Cinderella. :D She's the first pet the kids have had in about 5 years, and they are so excited. She's itty bitty and we've been having lots of fun with her so far. :D We've never had a cat before, so it's even more thrilling for them. It will be neat to seem them bond with this little kitty before the baby comes. :)

I think it was definitely an exciting end to the last week for them staying with the grandparents. :D I'm just so thankful we had a long weekend to readjust before jumping back into life! :)

Today we all go back to school, work, and teaching fitness classes. My oldest daughter Isabella {#3} is also graduating from kindergarten today {sniffle, sniffle}, and Rob's little brother is getting married this weekend, so we have a full week to come back to for sure! :D

Ever since we got back from Hawaii, we have been trying to readjust our bodies again to Texas time. The two flight red-eye we took probably didn't help with the jet lag- but even with that, I have to say I'm still a huge fan of sleeping your way through 8 hours of flying! :) That was the first time we'd done that, and it made the trip home really fly by. {heheh.} I think I'm finally back on Texas time- I woke up at 5 this morning {midnight in HI}!

I missed you guys though! Did anything happen while I was gone?

How was your week?? Did you do anything special for Memorial Day?
We slept really late and worked on pre-baby projects. :D

Mamas, is this week the end of school for your kiddos too?
Summer starts tomorrow for us!

Have you ever taken a red-eye flight? What did you think? Love them or hate them? {It would be awful if you couldn't sleep!}

32 comments:

  1. congrats on 10 years & the kitty...word of advice while you are pregnant do not be the one in charge if changing the litter box...cant remember why but my doctor gave me a lecture back in the day lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you! I will definitely stay away and gladly pregnancy as my reason to avoid it- that and it's getting hard to bend over too! hehehe

      Delete
    2. This is a DEFINITE no no!! Pregnant women should NEVER touch cat litter! It can cause problems with your baby. Plan to take your turn plenty once you've delivered safe and sound. This will be good practice for Dad or Dad can train a child if he or she is old enough. To be safe dont handle any, even tho clean is ok. Be sure whoever cleans BLEACHES the pan between changes. Best wishes!

      Delete
    3. Toxoplasmosis is the risk involved with changing cat litter. Yes, don't change it EVER while pregnant!

      Delete
  2. Oh I need a vacation like this! :) I am so glad you were blessed with that time. We homeschool so we were able to get ahead and ended the school year last week. Dad was at work most of Memorial weekend so the kids and I took it easy and were quite lazy! I've never had a red-eye flight and after our last flight, I'm a bit scared to fly again! I think I could make myself board a plane to go to Hawaii though LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay for the end of school! good job mama!! And I'm dying to know what happened on your last flight! Was it scary?

      Delete
  3. Be sure to leave cleaning the cat box up to someone else, it's not good for a pregnant woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I definitely will do that!! :D

      Delete
  4. Love those pics...they look HEAVENLY!!!!!!!! Our weekend wasn't quite as restful, unless gutting and overhauling a kitchen is restful...and then we're the most rested people you ever met!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheh- we were really rested back in October when we redid our kitchen then! hahah! It's exhausting but so rewarding isn't it? great job on being productive over the holiday too!

      Delete
  5. Oh how fun, Mandy! Our 15th anniversary is this Thursday. Crazy how time flies! Not sure how we'll celebrate, but hopefully later this summer we can get a little (but cheap) getaway. I hope you're able to ease back in to mommyhood this week smoothly - refreshed and recharged!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww- congratulations!!! 15 years is AMAZING! you should totally try to get away! Anywhere away from home is nice, isn't it? :D Thank you for the sweet wishes!

      Delete
  6. Wow! Looks like an incredible extended Sabbath! I am so glad you were able to rest from all that you have going on. (I have been following your blog for a while now and have wondered how you do everything?) Last week, I just launched a blog! I actually began a series about the importance of taking a Sabbath, you can find it here http://claritywithcharity.com/?p=20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh how cool! Congrats on starting a new blog!! I'm going to hop over and check it out your post! :D

      Delete
  7. That is so sweet that you both were able to slip off for a trip, while your family watched your kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a blessing to get away! :D I hope you have a great week!!!

      Delete
  8. You had to be so refreshed and joyful when writing this... I could feel your smiles through the screen! Glad you had a much needed getaway, but know you were missed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you! that is so sweet!! thank you- it's good to be back! :D

      Delete
  9. What an adorable kitten! :) So happy for your family and glad that you had such a lovely vacation! :) - Alexandra www.simplyalexandramyfavoritethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a great time! What a blessing to be able to get away and recharge. We have a gray kitty too whose name just happens to be cinderella. We called her cinny but my youngest who was just a year at the time couldn't say her s's (still can't) called her ninny. She is ninny to this day which sounds super funny but that is what she is. Baby here (30 weeks) is getting big too. Can't wait for the end of July to meet him. And see yours too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how funny! I love ninny! We are due-date sisters! yay! we're almost there! :D

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful way to celebrate 10 years, Congratulations! My husband and I celebrated 11 years back in April, it just keeps getting better. Unfortunately we spent much of last week helping our community. I live in Moore Oklahoma, so I'm sure you've heard of the devastation. Thank the Lord we were spared and suffered no damage ourselves but we are in the minority. Please keep Oklahoma in your prayers, the folks here are gonna need it for a long time to come.
    Your Kitty Rella is precious. I enjoy your blog so much and I follow you on pinterest, love the recipes you pin!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, no, I did! I'm so glad you guys were okay! If you have anything specific we can pray for or do, let me know! Thank you for helping out like you guys are! I know the community and your friends won't forget it! what a blessing! thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  12. Congrats on the new kitty! She is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I love cats...we have almost always had them. Totally random unsolicited advice...start trimming her claws asap! Getting her used to it while she is tiny is a very good thing. Your furniture and arms will thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh good idea! I should- we have a leather couch that needs to be safe! :) thank you!

      Delete
  14. I've been following your blog for a while, love it! Your time in Hawaii sounds wonderful! Just like Paradise ;-) I WISH this was our last week of school, but alas, we'll probably be schooling all summer. With plenty of breaks of course! We homeschool and started our school year in January. Since I live overseas Memorial Day was another day here, but we always remember and celebrate the American Holidays (although a bit different than we would if we were in America) along with our host country's holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how do you like year-round schooling? I was thinking about keeping the kids doing work over the summer after a couple of weeks off. I love that you celebrate double holidays! how fun!

      Delete
  15. Sophie from FranceMay 29, 2013 at 10:34 AM

    Here, the end of school is in 1 month (july 5)... and it rains, it rains, it rains...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow- I had no idea it rained in the summer so much there!

      Delete

Oh, thank you so much for leaving a comment! I read every single one, and try to respond if I can! Thank you for being a part of the {bh} community!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...