Monday, July 08, 2013

3 of my favorite places, the last few weeks before baby, and goals for this week


Oh my goodness, I haven't had such a quiet weekend in a long time! I have to admit, it's a little too quiet and clean around here with the kids all gone. ;) I don't know what to do with myself, but strangely enough, we've filled up the time! :)

my favorite version of a "healthy" Outback meal:
the chicken sandwich with the toppings on the side and plain sweet potato :D
I don't eat the cheese or bacon, or much honey mustard. 

Over the last four days we went out on a few dates, we went to IKEA {!!!} and my favorite GW {I have some fun finds to show you!}, and even had a movie day here at home. I was far less productive than I thought I would/should be, but it's probably a good thing considering how much is about to change. We had fun instead of working the whole time. :)

one of my favorite IKEA rooms-
it has a curtain headboard that divides the room into a walk-in-closet

the empty Tahoe on our date :)

ice cream with my brother Josh and sister-in-law Cayse- they are moving 7 hrs. away this month,
and I'm still trying to figure out a sabotage plan like puncturing their U-Haul's tires....
{I might need something a little more long-term though? any ideas?}
On Saturday my friends threw me a diaper shower, and it was gorgeous {and so much fun!}!! I enjoyed every minute of it- so much that I didn't even think about pulling out my phone to take a picture, but I did snag one of all the blessings that were given to me at home!


And my mom ordered this travel pack-n-play/ bassinet for me, so now the baby can come! ;) This is actually the first new baby gear we've gotten for this little one. I was so excited to set it up on Friday:


Which also reminds me, I need to finish up a few things this week to get ready for him- with three weeks left to go, I've got to get moving! :) 

I really want to enjoy these last couple of weeks with the kids, so starting tomorrow I'm bringing back the 12 hour challenge for the weekdays- no internet/computer for 12 hours a day- 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. {I allow myself two 15 minute blog/sm check-ins through the day}. I'm actually scared of how much the computer has become part of my life again- I guess I will find out very soon! 

Here are my goals for this week:
  • no internet/computer for 12 hours from Tuesday- Friday {Saturday and Sunday are usually way less time online anyway}
  • hang curtains in baby room + upstairs
  • assemble baby bed and bedding
  • buy baby mattress
  • clean out closet/drawers of clothes that won't fit me for a while 
  • hang baby decor
  • move/organize baby dresser 
  • hang big picture + 3 smaller ones
  • practice and launch BODYCOMBAT
  • take the kids swimming and to the library
  • sort/organize plastic bin of papers {I needed the plastic container, so the papers are in a stack on the floor- nothing like visual clutter for motivation!}
  • do a surprise outing with the kids
And my meal plan for this week is super easy:

breakfasts:
fruit
cereal
granola bars

lunches:
sandwiches + chips, fruit
quesadillas

dinners: {our oven is repaired! Wohoo!!}
pancakes + eggs
beans and rice {2x}
spaghetti
grilled chicken with corn
pizza for family night
dinner out

What are your plans for this week? :)

Have you ever turned off the internet for the entire day? {it's crazy how hard it is for me!}

Any fun ideas for marinating grilled chicken? 

What's your favorite steakhouse meal to order? Do you go to a steak place and order chicken too? LOL!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea how I received your blog but sure am glad it came to me. I'm retired and my children are grown and no grandkids so far but I enjoy this blog all the time. So refreshing that a young couple depends on our Lord. So many don't.

MariLynn said...

Praying for you as you enter your limiting your computer. I have to have my computer for my job, but in February I gave up facebook and other non job sites for a month. I thought it would be really tough, but I found that I played my guitar more, I made more cards and I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would.

Bekah said...

Ryan and I are going to the fair together (our first time to do so, since last year at this time, we weren't dating yet...and now we're married!) - and he is taking me on my first ever Ferris Wheel ride. THAT'LL be a blog post!! :) So excited!! And this weekend I'm in a parade for work...and taking pictures at a golf outing. Sure hope it doesn't rain! :)

Joy said...

You are so gorgeous, Mandie! Love that pic of you in the Ikea room! :)

Mandy said...

oh I'm so glad to hear that! thank you for reading it!!! :D

Mandy said...

thank you! It's amazing how much time it frees up- I'm a little nervous but excited to detach from it again. thank you for your prayers! I'll take every single one! :D

Mandy said...

oooh how fun!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes! :) What are you doing in the parade? Riding a float or walking? That sounds like so much fun!! :D

Mandy said...

oh wow! thank you Joy!! :) you're so sweet!! Have a wonderful day, friend!

Erin @ My Mommy World said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you are still doing Body Combat this late in your pregnancy! Good for you! Wish I could take your class one day :)

fhaya said...

You should try cloth diapers... so much fun! :)

jeana said...

I have been turning off our wifi a few hours at a time. You're right how scary it is to realize how much time we waste online! You're extremely encouraging in all ways :)

The Betka Family said...

A good marinade for grilled chicken is a pack of taco seasoning, bottle of Italian dressing and jar of salsa, soak chicken for at least 4 hrs, overnight is best of course! Easy and very good!

Lois said...

Once again, I so enjoy your blog. Love seeing/hearing of your kids, knowing they are basically the same age as my 4. My youngest will be 4 in Sept, my only girl. My oldest is 9.5. Since ours came by adoption, I can't exactly plan the next one, but we'd like to foster/adopt at least one more. Our favorite marinade for most types of meat is: 1/2 c. soy sauce, 1/4 c. oil, 2T ketchup, and 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder. Marinade a minimum of 2 hrs. Simple and so good. Don't know about you, but I find my chicken the most tender if I lightly pound it first and use individually frozen rather than fresh. We love our grilled chicken. I do a 3lb bag for our family with some leftover for a grilled chicken salad the next day. In fact, I have some in the fridge right now, waiting for that salad tomorrow. Yumm!

Kristen said...

Love your blog! I'm a regular, but never commented before. :) Can I ask a question about your menu? Can you tell me more about the beans and rice that you mentioned that is on this weeks' list? I'm wanting to incorporate more simple dinners into my meal planning. Do you serve black beans and spanish rice? Or refried? Sorry if this seems like a silly question! Thanks so much!

Mandy said...

Oh I wish you could!! that would be awesome!!

Mandy said...

I have tried them once before- that's a good idea- I may have to do it again!

Mandy said...

oh, I like your idea! that's like putting the cookies in the freezer so I can't eat them! genius!! :D

Mandy said...

how have I never heard of that? It sounds amazing!!

Mandy said...

oh thank you, Lois! I could totally make that marinade with what I have on hand! I will have to try it! thank you!!

Mandy said...

hi Kristen!! I'm so glad you commented! not a silly question at all- I use plain pinto beans and basmati rice we buy in bulk. Sometimes I use a big can of Bush's pinto beans if I'm in a rush instead of making them in the crockpot, and use the rice maker for the rice, but we have also used minute rice in a pinch too! :) It's our favorite fast food meal at home!

Kristen said...

Thank you so much, sweet Mandy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...