Tuesday, July 16, 2013

a lazy day at our house {in pics}

We are having a very lazy day at our house today. :) I was so tired this morning, I took a bath first thing and then took a nap at 11:30 {!}. I think the baby must be growing or something! {Please don't get too big, little one!}

Instead of what I had planned, I thought I would share a few pics of what life is looking like today {other than me sitting on the couch, hahah!}:

Rob and the boys assembled this bookcase for me last night... I scored it on a big clearance in store at Target several weeks ago, and I was excited to see it come together as our new "hutch". I had to immediately decorate it with our serving dishes before I went to bed. As I was pulling out dishes and moving chairs around, Rob kept asking me what I was doing and I kept telling him I don't know, I just need to re-organize the house! ;)

i love it with my coral globe and instagram poster


I also finished the last of the living room gallery wall last night too. At some point I'll take a few real pictures to share with you! {Probably after I change it three more times. ;)}

butterfly poster
Tonight we're having spaghetti for dinner, and I started the marinara/meat sauce early and made a lunch out of it too. {yum!}
my dutch oven steal- I use it all the time!
Of course, no matter what I do, this little baby stays on my mind as he changes position all day. I feel entire legs rolling around in there and wonder how he manages to stay put in such a tight space. I think I'm going to miss feeling him move in this big belly, but I keep telling him mama's ready to see him. :) 

I washed all the sheets and towels last night too, and his first outfit, diapers, wipes, and blankets are all ready to go on the bassinet:


Now we're just playing the waiting game. :) We're having friends over for dinner, and I have to teach a weightlifting class tonight, but for now I'm intentionally resting more and enjoying a little bit of nothing which includes browsing the newest PB catalogs:


Do you have lazy days too? I'm trying to learn to listen to my body and chill out before the next big thing happens. :) Who knows how much longer I get to rest like this with just four older kids! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, having enough energy to do such a beautiful job. The shelves are lovely. I am 51 and have two girls, one 22 and one 11. I miss the baby days too. Everything goes by so quickly. I pray you will continue to do so well. My oldest daughter and I enjoy your posts. Thanks for all the great ideas.

terre said...

you deserve to have days like this although i can relate to how difficult it is to do. i had one myself today - i also woke up and wanted to turn right around and go back to sleep. the difference is....i had breakfast and then i did it! two more hours - it was great.

oh and the decor photos were lovely!

habecker said...

active resting (follow that?) is not laziness.

Adrienne Reina said...

Love what you did with the hutch it's beautiful. You are doing a great job...you've carried him for almost 9months and your body is letting you know you need to rest. Get all the rest you can before he gets here. I have been resting for past month...in a way it's nice but I have so much to do. I have to learn to give up control on that and allow my body to do what it's got to and that's get better. Thanks for sharing I always look forward to your post.

Blessings,
Adrienne

jeana said...

Your home is beautiful!! I loved reading about your evening with the kids on the other post. I have a lot of evenings alone with ours and sometimes don't enjoy them like I could. You get so much done! It just blows me away...definitely makes me feel lazy! ;) I challenged myself to unplug last weekend and it went well! Planning on keeping it up, it felt so good. Hopefully it will carry on through the week as well :) have a wonderful weekend!!

Seaweed and Raine said...

Nesting much? ;) lol Enjoy it. Love your globe!!!
Lazy days aren't really lazy when you have a baby on board - you are busy growing important stuff!!! :)
Praying and waiting. :)
Sheree x0x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...