death, and the anticipation of our wedding day


Oh friends, our Lord has done amazing things.

My Uncle Charles passed away this weekend- he was 68, and such an amazing man of God. He truly loved Jesus, and he loved people so very well too. He served Jesus preaching the Gospel as a pastor for many, many years, and with my aunt {who is amazing also!} raised four children who all love Jesus and walk in the truth and serve Him too. He lived life so, so very well. I have no doubt when he got to Heaven, he heard well done, good and faithful servant. He loved God and obeyed Him, and his life showed us what it looked like to follow Jesus.

I heard this song for the first time at church yesterday, and I thought of him right away. I woke up with it and him on my heart this morning, and just had to share it with you. When I listen to this song, I can't help but worship our King. And the tears just won't stop.

Oh, oh, that DAY- our wedding day:


My Uncle Charles got to meet the groom wearing white. He gets to sing HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the Lord.

What a wonderful, wonderful day it will be when we get to sing along with him!!!

Oh, sweet friends, death has lost its sting. Our God is on the throne, and we will meet Him so very soon.

11 comments

Mrs. Maxted said...

So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful song!! I had not heard this group or song yet. Amazing! Thanks for sharing. Thank you for all you do. I find your blog very encouraging and helpful.

Joya Towne said...

I'm sorry you lost your Uncle. But what rejoicing there will be when we all reunite with our loved ones in Heaven! What a beautiful song!

Kristin Schoolfield said...

I just listened to the song and got chills...thanks for sharing it! What a way to end life, it sounds like your uncle ran the race well. Sorry for your loss, but happy that his run is over and he is resting for eternity with Jesus :)

Eileen Yost said...

So beautiful, your uncle was not much older than I am and I do know what family losses are. When I read what you wrote I was reminded of Psalm 116:15 where it says "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints." Praise the Lord!!

Kottekott said...

Sorry for your loss! Your uncle is with our Lord now, happy and surrounded with love.

Thanks for sharing this song by the way, so beutiful!

Jaime said...

Yes- We each will be gathered together again with our King!! Blessings to you and your family during this time of mourning. The Lord promises to turn your mourning into dancing, and with that awesome song at hand, praise is before you.

Lis said...

I am so sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing this wonderful testimony of your uncle and this song.

Sophie from France said...

I pray for you and your family tonight...

Wellons said...

So am I! Really good blog!

Margie Downs said...

So sorry for your lost, really liked your uncle and aunt. Went to there church at twin cities Baptist. When we came down to are son Johnny and Beth Downs. went to a pool party with the ladies, and had so much fun. Your aunt is a real pastors wife, and she was funny to. If you see her tell her Margie Downs said love her and praying for her and family. God Bless you all.

Ashley said...

Thank you for celebrating his life and for encouraging all of us other runners