Sunday, August 18, 2013

life with a newborn...the first few days in pics


The last five days have been incredible. So exciting, and so tiring, in the most wonderful way.

It has only been four years since our last baby was born, but somehow I'd forgotten how delighted I would be every time he looked at me, or how happy I would be to pick him up from a nap, or even change his tiny diapers.:)  I can't stop staring at him. How did this perfect little person come out of my body on Tuesday? It's so amazing to me. I'm just enjoying every second of it. Even waking up 16 times a night, sometimes just making sure he's okay. {I guess it doesn't matter how many times you've done it before- even with the 5th one I worry if he hasn't woken up in the last hour... ;) }

He's nursing like a serious champ- I think he's gained at least 1/2 lb. this week! His face is getting even rounder, and goodness, I totally forgot how many diapers a tiny human can make in a day. :) At least at this point, it's still just amazing to me that his body can do that so well! :)

Oh, I am so very in love with this little man.

I hear him starting to wake up in the other room, but I wanted to hop in and share a few of my favorite pics from the last few days:

The very first time the kids saw him:


12 hours old :)
1 day old
 Tired, but so happy- day 2.5. :D

on two nights of no sleep...but we'll want to remember this moment I'm sure! :)
2 days old
He must have won some kind of lotto- he's so lucky to have the best daddy in the whole world.
This man is incredible.



our 2 day midwife checkup- we were blessed to have amazing midwives! :)

there's something about a tiny boy in overalls... :)

he's so chunky, and I LOVE it, except that he looks so old already here! And he was only 3 days old!! ;)
He's peeling all over from head to toe- mama has to resist the urge to get the loofah out. :)
it's not red really, more brown and a little auburn maybe? We think it's the darkest hair color we've had yet! Maybe it will be red after all?
I think he's going to be fair skinned like his mama! ;) .... 5 days old
Thank you for all your sweet words- we are so thankful for your love these past few days!! :D

God has been so good to us.

25 comments:

katie_shannon said...

So very sweet!

Amanda said...

So happy for you, Mandy! He's beautiful - and he's lucky to have a fantastic Daddy AND a fantastic Mama!

Adrienne Reina said...

Oh my he is so precious...just seeing him makes me want to see mine so bad. I can't wait for that moment when our eyes meet. I know it will be love at first sight. Thanks for sharing your pics with us....they are precious!! You look amazing I think Zane looks like daddy right now, same hair do..lol. God bless you sis and new baby Zane!!

Blessings,
Adrienne

Kristin said...

Love baby photos. He sure is a sweet one. :-) Thanking God along with you for this beautiful blessing!

agoconnor said...

He is so beautiful! You are certainly blessed. :)

Bekka Joy said...

He's beautiful. Congratulations and enjoy this time! x

Anna McCrary said...

How precious! Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!!

Carol Anne Wright Swett said...

Oh, Mandy. You just make me smile every time I see an update from you. Blessings to you, your newest one, and the rest of you family. <#

Monica said...

He's beautiful! And so are you! I've been reading your blog for a while now and I just love it. I pray that I will one day have a big happy loving family like yours :)

Seaweed and Raine said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! (It's a good thing you can't hear me screaming with excitement right now - it might wake Zane! lol) Congratulations. He is adorable. And even though you are beyond tired right now, you look absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing such incredible photos from this amazing time in your life and his - it takes time to pull a post together, and since it's only been a little over a year since my precious little guy arrived, I remeber all too well how precious time is for you right now. Make sure you try to get in a Mommy nap or two when he sleeps during the day if you can. :)
Blessings precioius girl - for you and your beautiful family.
Sheree x0x

Maddison Wallace said...

He's perfect and so so precious -- but you, Mama, are so so beautiful!! Wow!! You look completely radiant and joyful.

Congratulations, and much love from a long-time reader who never seems to get round to commenting :/

Maddison x

Nicole @ CraftyBeards said...

We had that same little gator outfit for our little boy - who is now 6 months old! I love the chunky, heftier babies! I had one myself. Enjoy these moments - and congratulations!

Blessings

Ruth@GraceLaced said...

Congratulations!! I'm so very happy for you and glad to see you home and resting happily with your fam! Zane is beautiful, as are you!! :) BTW...we have the same nursing cover up and baby blanket. :)

Amy K said...

You look great!!! I love that you had a midwife and home birth. I'd love to do that, but my medically minded hubby says no. We'll see. :) Congrats on that sweet boy. I love that they smell like heaven and the heavy way the sleep on your chest. Looking forward to baby number four joining our fam next year. Now, go take a nap!!

loveleeliz said...

Thank you so much for posting the pics of your baby, you and the rest of your family. He is gorgeous! And you look great too! Such sweetness! What a blessing! :-)

Michelle H. said...

Getting ready for our baby #5 as well. Our 1st homebirth as well. I am so excited but nervous as well. How did your homebirth go? Was it like you anticipated. I am 9 days away from my due date. Trying to be patient.

Jessica said...

He's gorgeous! Congratulations! God bless you and your family!

Susan Sene said...

Precious pictures!!! I love the newborn stage!! I just wish physical recovery and nursinf issues wouldn't have to be a part of it. :)

Can't wait to read about how the birth went!!

Anonymous said...

So precious! Hopefully we will be having similar pics in middle to late April ;-)

Aliesha said...

He is so sweet! Makes me so excited to hold my little guy soon!

In the Garden said...

Mandy it's Debra Slack from Pinterest ~ I realized I hadn't seen your update & went to check on you ~ Congratulations on your new little guy! He is precious. Your love for your family & the Lord radiates. I love the photo of your children seeing him for the first time ~ so sweet. I love your home too & what a blessing that it is full of His love. (((HUGS))) & Love!

Holly B said...

So beautiful!

Jami Keith said...

Congratulations! You are adorable and I love your red hair! Maybe Zane will inherit it later on :)
Jami K

cal+claire said...

So precious!

Maggie said...

Congratulations!! Another beautiful healthy baby! You are blessed...Enjoy the little one:)
Maggie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...