Friday, October 11, 2013

8 fun and thrifty Walmart finds {fall 2013 edition}


With fall arriving, you know it's that time again... :) 

I had a ton of fun doing this series earlier this spring and summer, so I had to bring it back for fall! :P {Again, I'm not affiliated with Walmart in any way, I just have fun finding unexpectedly cute and affordable items there and want to share them with you!}. 

Here are eight of my favorite Wally World finds in no particular order:

If I didn't have one already, I would have hopped on this deal! It's very colorful and so much fun!


2. Ceramic statue night lights, $12.97 {in stores only}. 
I thought these were so cute! It would make a sweet and quirky housewarming gift too! Or a perfect little night light for a nursery or a new mom's bedroom.



I've regretted buying cheap sweaters in the past, but these seem well made and get really good reviews so I wouldn't mind trying one out for $12.54. They were really cute! I'm a big fan of the longer boyfriend style.


4. the Ruffle Scarf, $6.97. 
{I couldn't find these online}. The mustard one is thick and gorgeous in real life!


5. Button knit hats, $5.97. 
We call these toboggans here in Texas. Probably because we almost never need them and have never actually used or seen a real toboggan, ever. Too bad it's so warm here, because these were PRECIOUS. :D




6. Denim Jackets, $15.44
While I'm not a huge denim jacket fan myself, I know they're extremely popular at all of my favorite clothing places: J. Crew, Anthro, and Gap. This classic one gets great reviews. And you can't beat the $15 price {instead of $75+}, unless you find one used at the thrift store or a garage sale.


And I thought they did a pretty good job styling it to be J. Crew-esque here:


7. 6x8 Canvas, $3.97 {in stores only}
I tried to find these online, but didn't see them. This little one went home with me because LOVE does save the day!! He already did! :D


I think I saw these in person the other day. This lightweight style is pretty much a winter staple here. These were very well reviewed too, and very affordable for sweating in! :D


And those are my eight favorites for fall!

What were your favorite finds at Wally World recently?

And what do you call that knit warm hat you wear in the winter? :D Beanie? Toboggan? I'm curious to hear what you say and where you're from!

Denim jacket fan or not so much? 
I have broader shoulders so they tend to look more 1990's on me. Hey, if shoulder pads ever come back, I won't have to buy any! :P

20 comments:

Carly said...

Oh that cardigan is calling my name...I may have to check our store for the mustard one.

God Life Happy WIfe said...

Great finds. I'm for NJ and those knit hats are sometimes called skullies.

Anonymous said...

The knit hat is cute! I have curly hair, so all those cute hats just sqoosh my hair. I spent a few years in Canada and there we called them "tukes".

Anonymous said...

Us more northern southerners call 'em BOGGINS ;-)

Kelly Olsakovsky said...

I own more than one Faded Glory cardigan, and they are awesome. Absolutely worth the purchase.

Barbara said...

Growing up in Ohio we called them toboggans but friends here in Arizona thought we were talking about a sled. I love the denim jacket!

Tiffany Harper said...

I don't know why they bother putting out "Winter" fashion here in Texas, we never get to use it.

Anonymous said...

LOL, a Canuck here. It's actually spelt tuque or toque and it's even in our dictionary here:
tuque [took, tyook] noun: a heavy stocking cap worn in Canada.

Edamommies said...

Here is my Walmart find of the day! I am trying a new spaghetti recipe tonight which calls for fresh basil. In the produce section they had like 4-5 leaves for $2.25. WHAT? But I found a basil PLANT for the same price!!! Basil forever!!! haha! But I am so glad I spied the plant! Thank you GOD!

Niamh said...

I'm from Southern California and we call those hats beanies. :) But I live in Texas now so it's good to know the right term here. :) hehe

I adore the elephant night light!!

Kathy C. said...

I saw those animal lights at Wally the other day...was walking past and had to stop and stare (thinking in my brain...should I get that?) :). They are very cute, but I don't have a place...sigh. I love the scarf, but seem to have an over abundance of them and I live in Florida...not cold by any means. :) I am a Texan and funny thing is, I think I just call them "hats", lol. I grew up in El Paso though...are you from central or north Texas? :)

I love denim jackets, but have a similar problem to you, I have very broad shoulders, so they end up tight in the shoulder or way too loose around the waist. :/

Debbie Johnson said...

Oh our Walmart soooo won't have most of these items!!! But maybe they have good stuff stocked for pre-Christmas/ the holidays so I am now motivated to go tomm and at least try and find some of these good finds.

Adrienne Reina said...

Loved this...Walmart has come up in the fashion dept. I love the scarfs they have so many colors, patterns and styles. Love it...thanks for taking the time to do this!!

Blessings,
Adrienne
www.lacedbygrace.wordpress.com

Adrienne Reina said...

My finds at wallymart...ummmcandy corn!! Lol haven't really checked but am going soon and will let you know what I come up with. I call the hat beanies I'm from Southern Nevada, originally from So Cal. I can go either way with denim I've had in previous years but gave away some. Should have kept them but didn't like the way it looked with denim pants. I don't know guess I am picky with that. If your wearing it with a maxi or khakis or blank pants it will work. So I can go wither way with right pair of jeans or colored jeans or maxi skirt or dress.

Marcy said...

In California, we call those knit hats beanies and they're very popular here!

Sophie from France said...

In France, we call all knit hats "bonnet"...(or flat knit hat "béret")...And no Wallmart here!

Mamastiks said...

It's crazy...I am in Chicago and my Walmart does not have the super cute jar and scarves

Mamastiks said...

Hat not jar :) gotta love auto correct

The Every Day Extraordinary said...

I love the Better Homes and Gardens pumpkin candle!!! My favorite!

Sara said...

I agree! The BH&G candles smell amazing, burn nicely and are priced just right!! I also have that cardigan and LOVE it...will probably have to think about getting a couple more colors before they are all gone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...