setting "do.read.learn.be." goals :::: free printable worksheet


I've so enjoyed setting "do, read, learn, and be" goals over the past two years. It's really helped me to intentionally include things I want to do as well as narrow down things I have to do each week or month. Just getting it all on paper determines how many goals I can accomplish. Plus it really makes my brain feel better- you know what I mean? :)

Last year, I broke my goals down into four categories. Here's what each category means to me:

do:
These are special tasks I want to accomplish. These might have to be rearranged through the year- but this column gives me an idea of what I would like to get done this week. It's not a daily outline, but a list of what I want to do in a week's time {or month's time}.

read:
I love to read, but ever since I had my third child I’ve been terrible about reading books regularly. Setting goals in this area really helps me focus on it intentionally, and finishing one book each month is exciting for me! Even just reading a chapter or two each week will allow me to read some of a book each month, which is better than where I was before I started setting goals. Every little bit is progress! :D

learn:
I have to frequently memorize fitness choreography now, but I really want to memorize more of the Bible too. I memorized hundreds of verses as a child, and I still remember many of them today. It makes a huge difference in my walk with Jesus- the Holy Spirit brings to mind Scriptures I've memorized all the time, and He does it just when I need them. I love Him! Seriously, learning the Word of God has made such an impact in my life.

be:
These are character traits I would like to work on for a period of time, outlined with specific actions aimed to help me think and learn about them. I believe the Holy Spirit is the only way to becoming more like Christ and heart change is from Him alone, so I’m praying He will help me to become more like Him through these character goals and help me to see my shortcomings and sinfulness- the ones I can see and those I don’t yet.

Many people have requested a printable for setting their own goals, so here it is! A free drlb goals worksheet printable for you!





How do you set your goals each week? 

Have you used the drlb method? How does it work for you? :D


7 comments

halsteadmama said...

THANK YOU!!!!!! I love this!

mommyofthree said...

I love all your printables Thank you so much for sharing. I was wondering where you get your daily one printed or do you have copies made? I tried to load it online at a office store and it came out being very expensive. Thank you
Liz

juzanne johnson said...

Hey Mandy sis thanks for sharing your goal setting format! I am such a massive planner and I am always looking for new ways to advance in my goal setting so that I can actually accomplish whatever is on my list. I can't wait to use your method this month! I just started following your blog from a feature on 'Women Living Well' Blog. God has truly been using your blog to transform my life as a homemaker. God's blessings to you and to this ministry for it has already been inspiring me to live for Christ daily as a homemaker. Thanks Mandy sis and Glory Be To God!

bettercountry said...

Hi Mandy! Here's a little tip for scripture memory if you use a smart phone: Scripture Typer. It costs about $7, but it's super well developed and so worth the money. You can make collections (one per kid?!), and it has flashcards, and different type of memory aides to help learn, plus review notifications. I started using it about six months ago, and I love it.

Rachel said...

Hi Mandy! I am amazed at all you do with five little ones! We have 5 kids, ages 9 and under. You inspire & motivate me to add exercise into my week. I love your goal making ideas & being intentional, and I use an app on my iPhone (Priorities) to set it up. I've rearranged my list to include specific goals for verses to memorize and the "be" (character qualities) section. Thanks for your encouragement to be a better mom and keeper of the home!
My latest "be" goal is related to yours, and based on a blog post from Hands Free Mama about being easily irritated by interruptions to my plan/agenda for the day, and realizing that happiness isn't in perfection. The title of her post is "Taking away my daughter's smile"
http://www.handsfreemama.com/2013/09/24/taking-away-my-daughters-smile/

Terrell Burrell said...

Thank you so much for this, I am being treated for Fibromyalgia, I have days where it's difficult for me to focus and remember what I need to do, even the most basic things, this will help me organize my life and create a new normal for me, you are an answered prayer :)

Rebecca Harris said...

This is adorable. I love cute printables. Thank you so much for this!