Thursday, October 24, 2013

sweet kiddos + praising God for changed plans

Busy doesn't quite do the last week justice. Every moment was filled with four birthdays, parties, and events- here, and out and about, making food, grocery shopping, plus a good mix of company and regular life with kids issues... it was crazy. :) But the best kind of crazy!

And I mentioned Monday that Elijah turned 10 last weekend. That was a big deal! I can't believe we have a ten-ager now! ;)


He's so precious. Here's what he loves to wear these days- he's becoming quite the little hipster musician! {which cracks me up, because they don't have TV or watch much of anything but cartoons!}


He's taking on a style all his own. :D I bought the hat for his birthday because he loved them every time he saw one in the store. And he's the kind of kiddo who almost never wants anything. :)

And his brothers and sisters love him so much they wrote him a birthday song disguised in hieroglyphics and sang it to him, then spent their own money and bought him a gift, complete with cards and homemade wrapping paper. :D


They looooove him. :D



The song went something like: "One day there was a good day, that God made the sun, and the stars, and the trees, and the grass, and you." :)

And they wrote him a card that said, "even when your reward is heaven, you git a reward here."



It was one of those moments when your heart is so full it could burst. It makes me wonder how the Lord feels when His children love each other, you know?

Sometimes it hits me {like a punch in the stomach} that outside of God's grace- if I would have had it my way- we might have had only two boys {or even none!} way back then. Look what preciousness we would have missed out on:


I can't imagine a world without Zane in it- or Bella, or Ava. What joy, what an incredible blessing our family would have missed if we had chosen to follow my 8 year "plan"...

Oh, thank you Jesus for these sweet little ones. Thank you for not leaving me to my own plans.

Have you ever had a plan that you were grateful God didn't let you follow? Or a prayer He didn't answer that ended up being for your good? 

13 comments:

Linda Stanhope said...

Precious! thanks for sharing!

Betsy said...

Yes thank you for sharing!! My youngest wasn't in my plan, but she is most definatly amazing and a better blessing knowing that God had a bigger plan. =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us!
I have 2 precious little boys right now. They are both still very little. (both in diapers!) Everyday I think "we're not having anymore. I love these boys. But I love life too." I'm tired. Exhausted. And part of me is ready to be done so we can go and see the world!! Travel. Sleep. Go to the bathroom by myself. All the things that are hard to do with little ones.
*I* want to be done.
But then I get a feeling that we're not supposed to be done. It's hard. I can't imagine having more right now.

Anonymous said...

I had a plan for a different husband, but thankfully God had a better one (plan & husband!)

Paige said...

We really wanted a second child right away, so much so that we bought a double stroller after the six week check up! Our second was born when the first was 5 and a half. Then three babes in a row. Looking back I see God worked it out for my sanity. Hubby was deployed a LOT and having the oldest big enough to help out was a HUGE blessing.

Haven S said...

Oh yes. Hubby and I used BC because we were overseas for 4 years at the beginning of his career. We didn't want to start a family so far away. 3 years into our tour SURPRISE! Baby #1 was 3 months old when we returned stateside. Fastforward 18 months and we had decided that Baby number 1 was such a delicious God surprise we gave up BC altogether after he was born. Then I was hit with the news that I had thyroid cancer and future children would be hard to come by. I had my thyroid removed and was working on weaning my toddler in order to have radiation and I was mourning the fact that we had not allowed God to be in control earlier. Weeks before I was to go off medication to begin prepping for radiation I discovered that surprise..just 11 months after my thyroidectomy I was indeed pregnant with baby number 2. A complete and total miracle. I did finally have Baby number 2, husband deployed, and I weaned baby number 2 to finally have the radiation I was supposed to have 2 years earlier. I had it in January of 2013, again we have heard how hard it is to conceive after RAI and without a thyroid and I am not getting any younger 33 right now. Although we wanted more babies we left it entirely in God's hands and made peace with the fact that maybe 2 was all that God had in store for us. Well surprise again..Baby number 3 is on it's way. 8 weeks pregnant and praying God will keep this baby safe from any after effects of the radiation I underwent 10 months ago. My OB asked me at my appointment yesterday if I would be having my tubes tied during what will be my 3rd csection. I said no way...we aren't done yet if God isn't done yet :)

Hilary said...

Hi! I don't think you are Mormon, so I just wanted you to know I've seen several Mormon ads on your website.

Sophie from France said...

When I was in the same situation as you, I thought, "God will not ask you more than what you can give" ... and it's true.
I know it's a difficult seasonof motherhood ... but it happens, children still do grow up!
blessings,

Sophie from Fance said...

Oh yes, The Lord changes my plan! When I was 20, I wanted only two children and I wanted to work. It wasn't possible for me to be a housewife like my mother and depend on a man! I had not planned to marry the man who is my husband, and God gave me the best man who is (in France ... in Texas, it seems that is Rob;-)
Result, I am stay at home mom for 12 years or so, I have six children aged 4 to 12 years and the last one was really a gift from God (I had an IUD) ... And I can not imagine my life any other way! Although sometimes it is very difficult, I know that it is God's plan for me and it is good. Amen.

luvnmyfaith said...

love it....our story is so similar! said after two we were done....god changed our hearts and showed us a different path. we just had number 5 as well :)

Bekka Joy said...

Beautiful. Happy Birthday Mr Ten! :)
Thanks for linking to your 8 year plan post again. I've read it previously but it was perfect timing as we prayerfully consider another child. x

darleencostin said...

Wow I am impress with you Blog you are blessed with a beautiful children.. Happy Birthday to your son...

http://darleencostin.wordpress.com/

MommiDonni said...

What a mighty special example of Gods powerful blessing! I pray for you all good health and a healthy baby. Congrats on your 3rd miracle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...