Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Women Living Well book study: the reading plan


I'm so excited to get started on the Women Living Well book study! I think we're going to have such a great time studying how to be joyful at home with our families!

Some of you are still waiting on books- no worries! Your first reading assignment doesn't begin until next week- October 16. Each week after the 16th, we'll discuss our last week's readings and I will post your new "study guide" for the next week right here on the blog.

All you need is a copy of the book and your Bible, {and access to the internet ;)}. I'll be posting your simple "study guide" worksheet/homework for you to download right here every Wednesday {Lord-willing! :D}. If you want to make sure you don't miss a post, you're welcome to subscribe by email, follow the Facebook page or follow {bh} on Bloglovin.

I also looked into several different options for discussing our thoughts together, but the simplest way I found is to just do it right here in the comments of the WLW posts. You can reply to specific posts in a thread right here on the post- plus, it keeps everything simple and doesn't require social media to interact {I know everyone doesn't have a Facebook page}. And after it's all done, we can come back to our {hopefully} fruitful discussion as a resource very easily if we leave it in one place.

Of course, if you have a group of friends already doing it together, you could easily create a closed Facebook Group, or use Twitter hashtags. If you want to interact throughout the week and don't have a group, you're welcome to post on the {bh} Facebook page as well!

Here's the reading plan for the next 8 weeks:

October 16: Open our study.
assignment for 10/23: start reading chapters 1, 2, 3, do your "homework" assignment over week 10/16- 10/23

10/23: Chapter 1-3 + homework discussion
assignment for 10/30: read chapters 4, 5, 6 + homework

10/30: Chapter 4-6 discussion
assignment for 11/6: read chapters 7, 8, 9 +  homework

11/6: Chapter 7-9 discussion
assignment for 11/13: read chapters 10, 11, 12  + homework

11/13: Chapter 10-12 discussion
assignment for 11/20: read chapters 13, 14, 15 + homework

11/20: Chapter 13-15 discussion
assignment for 11/27: read chapters 16, 17, 18 + homework

11/27: Chapter 16-18 discussion
assignment for 12/4: read chapters 19, 20 + homework

12/4: Chapter 19 + 20 discussion
assignment for 12/11: read conclusion + homework

12/11: Conclusion + discussion


Here's a pin-able reminder if you want {right click- open image in new window to print it!}



I hope that all makes sense! :D

To summarize: we start reading one week from today, and I'll post your first 3 chapter study guide sheet next week on the 16th of October {a.k.a my last day of being 30 ever :( dum, dum, dum....  }

Do you have any questions? I'll try to answer them below! {though- please forgive me- it may be slow due to the one-handed typing /nursing/homeschooling answering I have going on most of the time!}




44 comments:

Jenny McDaniel said...

I've already read the book, but can't wait to dig in again along with this study! :) Thanks so much for doing this Mandy!

katie h said...

I created a FB group if any one is interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/585187791518344/

Kelli H. said...

I am so excited to start this study with you all. I've got my book and I am ready to start. Thanks for putting this together, Mandy!!:)

Crystal Brueningsen said...

I am so excited to start this adventure!!!!! I look forward to learning more, not only from the book, but from everyone that is participating!

Crystal Brueningsen said...

Katie, you ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mandy, I must ask if you have done any modeling for L'Oreal? The girl in the coupon flyer that came in today's mail looks exactly like you! Same face, same long, beautiful red hair!

julie said...

I don't understand what time is this going to take place? I have a day and Awana club in the evening on Wednesdays. When during the day will you be having your discussions, or it is going to go on all day?

katie h said...

I think it will be all day on the blog, so you can post any time you are able! But I'm sure Mandy will spell it all out soon enough!

Heidi Duzan said...

awesome! Thanks!!

Kelly said...

I sent a request, Kelly A.Kantola

Kelly said...

Looking forward to this book study!! I absolutely LOVE Courtney's book!!! It's blessed me so much, I just can't even say how much. Looking forward to this!

Pam said...

Mandy, thanks for doing this with all you have going I know it won't be easy

Ashley said...

Looking forward to being a part of this bible study with all of you!

Ashley said...

Have you read The Excellent Wife? It's another good one!

Angieleigh said...

Sending a request via Angie Eads :)

Angieleigh said...

I am so, so excited! One of my bestest of the best friends is going to be joining us and I couldn't be anymore blessed or happy about it! I have my book, my mom's devotional bible, notebook, prayer journal, and pens ready!

Reva Dunkle said...

Request sent :o)

Lisa V. said...

I am very much looking forward to this. I've loved following Courtney's blog for a few years now.

Autumn E. Keel said...

I'll have my last day as 30 "ever" December 18th - so I'm right there with ya!!!
I just received my copy of Women Living Well yesterday (FINALLY) from Amazon! I am so very excited to start this online book and bible study! :) Thanks so much for doing it! It's hard, but I've decided I'm NOT reading it until we start next week!

elizabeth Winter said...

Also just sent a request. Thanks, Katie!

imkeepingthechange said...

Can't wait to get started! This is the closest I've ever gotten to being in a book club or bible study online OR in real life, so I'm very excited for the fellowship.

Diane said...

Ok, I NEED to join in...I look forward to joining all of you! I blog over at MyLifeAsRobinsWife.com. Blessings!

Diane said...

Would like to join in. :) Do you all already know each other? :) Just checking...stumbled upon the book study and it is exactly what I need! :)

Anonymous said...

um, i just liked you on FB and i am a little lost on if and how i can join in on your study. sounds great. is it too late to get the book?

Heather said...

I am excited about this too, would love to join in! Hope you are doing well with the new little bundle..

nannette13 said...

I so appreciate you doing this study! I just ordered my book from Amazon, but I'm a fast reader, (usually) and will really love doing the homework! Thank you!

Kelly said...

Katie,I just sent a request to join the group. Thanks:)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I believe everything will take place here, so you are in the right spot. It isn't too late to get your book, the study starts Monday, October 16. Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Cant wait for this study!!!!...I follow both of you guys and have been joining the webcasts also!!!Oh,and i love your hair!:)

Ashlie Rich said...

Thank you for doing this!! I am so excited to read the book and dig deep!!

Anonymous said...

That book is probably one of the best books I have read! I try to re-read it yearly.

Tracie said...

I can't find the Facebook group page with the link above

Tracie said...

I'm Tracie Spurlock Wheeler on Facebook. Can you invite or add me ? Thanks

Rev. ReBecca Byrd said...

Looks amazing!! Thank you for all your hard work!! I can't wait to begin!

Kris Bush said...

Looking forward to the study.

Cheryl Merida-Duvall said...

Can't Wait!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting this study together!

Pam said...

I'm excited, too. I just asked to join the facebook page. I really, REALLY want to try to do this and keep up!! I teach kids on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. I can't tell you the last bible study I participated in for ME, other than my own personal reading time.

Sherri Smith said...

I wish I could join this bible study but I homeless and unable to buy the book at this time join ladies

Jennifer Neer said...

Katie H I just requested to join your Facebook group. I just finished the first assignment and was wondering where the discussion is for the assignment.

Anonymous said...

Help! I am confused as to where the discussions is taking place.....

Mandy said...

no worries- they aren't yet- it will be on Wednesday's post, on the 23rd :D

Amanda Biffle said...

Hi. katie h, I just sent a request to join your group as well. Thank you!
Amanda

onehope said...

do you email the homework every week? I got the first set but not any others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...