free "soft answer" 8x10 chalkboard printable

This verse is on my mind today:


I want to speak more softly to my kids and husband. It's so easy for me to bark orders and be snappy with the people who love me the most. Even worse- most of the time I hardly realize I'm doing it! They demand the most from me every day {all day sometimes}, but those times are when I need to lean on Jesus even more. I'm so thankful for the Holy Spirit- He gives me those gentle, convicting reminders that I'm going wrong and He tells me what I need at the moment I need it.

I'm specifically praying for soft words and a patient heart this week, and though I've already memorized this one, I'm posting this in my house today:


I think I'm going to need a constant reminder of this truth. I might need to tattoo it on the back of my hand, but I figure I'd try this way first. ;) 

If you're feeling like me, you can print one out for your house too... :)

{if you have a mac you might need to right click and open with preview after opening the link}

11 comments

Amanda@EmbracingGrace said...

I have to pray the same thing. So glad that everyday is a new day and I can try again. Learning to slow down, enjoy the mess, and savor the years.

Anonymous said...

31 weeks pregnant and my patience has been short and mood rocky while chasing a 22 mo old around. Thank you I needed this!

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing! i too need this. tammy

Michelle Munn said...

I am so going to MOD Podge this to something. Maybe even my wall then put a frame around it. I really needed to see this Yesterday after being agitated with my daughter I felt bad for being not unkind with words but my tone of voice. I felf horrible the whole day. This morning she woke up too tired once more but I refused to let my temper flare and things went so much better.

SarahinSalem said...

Thanks for this today. I had a hard time today with my daughter and made her mad with my harsh words.

Angela Kujawa Fox said...

Oh Mandy I am with you. Really needed to see that this week. We just moved into a brand new house, there is clutter everywhere, and we are trying to sleep train our almost 19 month old. Patience and soft spoken words are needed this week are most needed now, but should be used all the time. I have been praying this same thing.

Misty aka Elvisgirl said...

Thank you! Always need this reminder.

Jessica said...

hanging this up somewhere I'll see it often! thanks!

Briana Runde said...

Love this! How do you print it… just on regular white paper?

Mandy said...

Yes maam! Cardstock if your printer is heavy on the ink :)

Mandy said...

Yes maam! Cardstock if your printer is heavy on the ink :)