Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jesus gives victory over death: finding healing after abortion


Today, January 22, is the anniversary of Roe v. Wade. It is the anniversary of one of the darkest days in our nation.

It is so easy for me to get lost in the numbers, in the sadness of millions of deaths, and the grief of it all, but the thought that I am dwelling on today is this:


He already won this battle.

Right now I see a culture- generations of women who are carrying the weight of their decisions with shame.  Women longing to know what true peace is, and what forgiveness in Christ could be.

Oh, that they would truly know His sweet mercy. That they would give all of their burdens to Him, and know His overwhelming love. 

He knew all of the things that we would do before we were even born. And yet, while we were still sinners, Christ died for each one of us. He died so that we could live in Him.

Jesus is my only hope. My only salvation. The only source of truth and forgiveness comes from believing in Him, and I long for the women who have lost part of their hearts to abortion in the last 41 years to know Him and His sweet love. He is good, and merciful, and so gentle with the broken-hearted. Psalm 147:3 says this: He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

If your soul has been wounded by the effects of abortion, I long for you to find healing in Jesus too. Through His blood, we have been given a new heart and white robe of righteousness that covers all of our sins. He takes what is broken and makes it new again. It is too incredible for words, but I know it is true with all of my heart. 

Sin steals our joy and robs us of life. Things kept in the darkness become wounds that fester and never heal, but when we bring them to the Light who is Jesus, their nature of shame and death has no longer has power because Jesus defeated death on the cross. Through faith in Him alone, sin no longer has any power over us! Isn't that amazing? We are no longer condemned when we believe in Him:

John 3:16“For God so loved the world,i that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. 21But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

If you don't know Jesus, the Son of God, I long for you to know Him. If you want to know Him, please email me. I would love to walk through it with you.

And if you have walked through abortion, I want you to know there is so much forgiveness, healing and comfort through the Holy Spirit because of the gift of salvation. In Christ we have hope, and we can give Him all of our shame, because "He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not."

He was despised by men. He knew what it meant to be rejected. He knows our grief so very well, and yet He promises to bear our burdens each day. We can give them all to Him. We can bring our pain and sins to the light, and find forgiveness in Him. There is so much freedom in Christ, and we can give these burdens to Him, and it is so encouraging to know that others who have walked in our shoes have done the same. And even more amazing- we are never alone in Christ, because His body of believers is a living extension of Him.

I am so thankful for all of you- thank you for praying and fasting with me for the little ones, and for God to do great things in our culture, and for these women who are healing from their past. I know He can and will do it if He wills, and that whatever we ask in His name, He will do. 

It is such good news, isn't it? We have so much joy because of what Jesus has done for us! 

And even on the darkest of days, when the sting of death and sin is ever so present in the world, we hold on to this hope- that Jesus gives victory over death:

1 Cor. 15:56: The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

All glory and praise and honor be to the Lord Jesus Christ, for He is worthy. He has overcome the world. Oh praise our merciful Lord, for He has saved us and redeemed us from our sin.






If you're looking for an intimate Bible study setting, there is a one called Surrendering the Secret happening all over the nation. I would love to hear your experiences with that if you have been through it before.

21 comments:

Mrs. Farn said...

Thank you for posting this. I have a dear friend who is ministering to women considering abortion.

kim said...

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are very young and have limited life experiences. The personal decision of abortion (or any "sin") is between the person and God, not Christian women shaming them in their difficult time. And although you may not mean it, telling a woman she must go to Jesus for forgiveness is implying judgement - only God can judge.

Anonymous said...

I need to tell you that in the days before my abortion I cried out to Jesus- literally cried out- for help, for strength, for someone to help me, for the ability to make another decision. For a relief from the sickness that was engulfing me, preventing me from caring for my other children. I SCREAMED FOR JESUS TO GIVE ME STRENGTH. or for someone to come to my aid. For anything that would help me not to make the decision that I thought I may have to make.
Nothing came and I had an abortion of the planned and wanted baby. Jesus never mentioned abortion, you know that? And I think that he had other plans for my life.
This is not a black and white issue. You are a Godly woman who means well but this is a very complex issue and as far as Im concerned, Jesus and I are still OK.

Eva (Im posting as anonymous but this is my name )

angel.tarter said...

Great post! It's so comforting to know that no matter what our "sin" is that God still loves us and longs for relationship with us! Jesus overcame sin for us! It is finished. We just have to accept it! ... Joining you in prayer! Praise God for your gentle spirit!

Anonymous said...

It is black and white. Killing another human is wrong. It doesn't matter how old or young, big or small, healthy or sick. Abortion is wrong no matter the circumstance. Jesus died for all our sins and was God in the flesh but to imply we seek forgiveness through Jesus is %100 correct. He is the way, the truth and the life and no one will get the Father except through Him. The truth is the truth no matter if we like it or not. I truly hope those that have walked this road find peace through Christ, he is and will always be the only source of rest. I can assure you Gods plan for your life never included aborting a baby forming in your womb, ever. He didn't give "permission" to kill a baby just because you never heard him say don't kill a baby in the womb. Those that defend abortion do just that, they feel the need to defend it simply because deep inside we all know it's innately wrong to take someone else life. Maybe is convenient for the mother but it is never right, forgiveable by the living God but never the right thing to do.

Stacey Towns said...

Her age has nothing to do with her spiritual intuition to raise awareness on this issue. I was a teen mom & began volunteering @ a pregnancy crisis center @ 18 & already had a strong knowledge & passion on this problem. I became a nurse & began to educate women on the serious mental & physical health effects abortion has on women. Regardless of political stance on the issue my mission to educate those women was solid. There always will be someone saying we are bible bashing or judging but tolerance of taking a life would weigh heavier on my mind.

Anonymous said...

Eva - if there is nothing wrong with abortion why did you cry out to Jesus before you did it? What were you wanting him to do? I think the fact that you felt that desperation before you did it is a sign that it is wrong. When in doubt don't do. I think when we doubt if we should go forward with something it is our hearts way of telling us not to. Please know I am not judging in any way, shape or form! I myself had an abortion when I was 19. I was so stupid at the time and listened to my (loser) boyfriend. I regret that decision so very much! It haunts me. I know my sin has been forgiven but I have not forgiven myself.
As a seperate comment abortion would be done a lot less if people who couldn't take care of a child just didn't have sex. I feel like abstinence isn't even discussed anymore. (Thank goodness for the Duggars!). If you can't take care of a baby don't have sex. I wish more people looked at it that way.

Jessica said...

"It is the anniversary of one of the darkest days in our nation." To honour a human being her rights is hardly one of the darkest days in the United States.

Anonymous said...

The Bible tells us we MUST ask for forgiveness so she isn't implying judgement but speaking God's word. Judgement is telling someone they have limited life experiences when you have no idea what life she has lived! I am 32 and have way more life experience then my mom.

Kristi Anna said...

Eva, this hurts my heart so much, please know that I am not judging you, I just pray that the Lord would open your heart, that He would open your mind to His truth and love. Abortion is not a complex situation. A child is a human... a LIFE, God has breathed His breath of life into that baby and abortion is murder. Babies are ALIVE in their mother's womb. "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb." (Psalm 139:13) Jesus did not create LIFE to be aborted but to GLORFY HIM in ALL. for He has written His law upon each of our hearts. LIFE is supposed to be full-filled through Christ Jesus not determined by us. Jesus DID mention abortion, in His sixth commandment He said "Thou shalt not murder" abortion is murder because a baby is alive from the moment of conception. "They mutilated their sons and daughters by fire…till the Lord, in his great anger against Israel, put them away out of his sight" (2 Kings 17:17-18). Most (if not all abortions) inject a chemical that burns the babies organs from the inside, which very much relates to this verse! Again, I am not judging you I just hope that you will take the time to sit before the Lord and consider these verses. Also this wasn’t written lightly, this is something that the Lord laid on my heart, something that I prayed over. Blessings!

Kristi Anna said...

God is a forgiving God Let Him work in your life, just open up the doors and let Him heal. He loves you SO MUCH!!

Stacey Towns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kim said...

Abstinence isn't discussed any more because studies show teenagers don't listen. I am interested in whether or not all of you commenting pro life here believe in birth control?

Stacey Towns said...

The purpose of the article is "healing" she did not stray from her point. There was no condemning or manipulative tone. I personally feel relieved when I give or receive forgiveness. I appreciate Christians who speak boldly as a voice to tiny humans who dont yet have one. If God has stirred up in your heart to take a moral stance on the subject...STAND FIRM!!! there will always be negative arguments but God will help you to remain unshakeable. I have friends family coworkers whom are pro choice its painful but I do not let even loved ones change my view on this. (Or make me be passively silent)



Anonymous said...

My previous comment begins w "it is black and white". ........Kim to answer your question for myself personally I do not believe in taking a chemical substance to prevent pregnancy. You can still conceive while on it but then your body not allow the baby to implant, therefore causing an unintentional abortion. I also don't believe in having your tubes tied or men having a vasectomy simply to prevent a life from forming. While I know God is the author of all life I also know as humans we can alter our bodies physically to destroy life or destroy the way our bodies work so life can't form or function. I personally want to allow God to move in my life and body as he sees fit. I want Gods plan working in my life more than I want my own. It took time for me to get to that point in my life but praise The Lord I'm there now. The only %100 way to not become pregnant is abstinence. I understand we live in a sinful world and things will never be as God intended in the garden, but the only answer is Gods plan for marriage and living. If we don't know how we should feel about something we should first look in the bible and read what God says about it. When we as sinful man start following our own plans we come up with things like abortion to "fix" what is "wrong" in our lives. Please don't take this as I am passing judgement. These are my personal convections on the subject and something I feel The Lord has shown me over the past few years. While I've never had an abortion I did conceive my first child out of wedlock and for a short time took birth control. I take full responsibility for my ignorance and praise God for Jesus and his forgiveness! That same forgiveness is there for all!

Anonymous said...

Teens aren't the only ones who have sex. There are so many adults out there who have casual sex all the time knowing that pregnancy may be an outcome. It is selfish to put your own desires before that of an un born child. The reasons teens don't listen about abstinence is b/c their parents aren't teaching it from a young age. And the problem with teaching teens to use birth control is teaching them it is OK to have sex. I believe in teaching abstinence to my two daughters as I feel that is what is God's will. It is very clear in the Bible that sex is to be between a husband and wife and that is what believe in.

Kim Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I was hoping to hear a personal experience from the author... like how God walked you through a dark time. I think I agree with what you wrote theologically, but sometimes, it is easier to take a correction or call to change when the speaker shares part of their journey through difficulty. Just my two cents. My heart does hurt for the little ones who have lost lives to abortion. I lost a baby to miscarriage and even though I was only 8 weeks, I think I will see my sweet one in heaven some day. Blessings, Rachelle.

Lizza_Clark said...

It was brought up in another post that 58% of abortions are in women in there 20's. So overwhelmingly these aren't teenagers they are adults that have access to contraception and information about it without involving the school or parents. Yes I believe in contraception and I'm honestly very confused why so many people seem to think I don't because I don't believe in abortion.
I do on the other hand believe that maybe we've forgotten that heterosexual intercourse is kind of supposed to result in conception because that's how animals reproduce and we are technically speaking animals which benefit from making more animals. It's not the only reason we have it has humans but sex is supposed to make babies and no matter how many ways you try to stop it even sterilization has a failure rate. So I think before a relationship starts involving intercourse that the parties need to be at a point where they can have a discussion about what happens if a pregnancy occurs,if they aren't to that point yet then a relationship isn't ready to open the female up to the risk of pregnancy or both parties to the possibility of STIs. If they aren't where they could talk about pregnancy then I doubt they're at a point where they could honestly talk about STIs and whether they are up to date on testing.
I'm in school majoring in public health right now which I get to decide whether to teach in schools or to work at the health department so this is a bit of my area.
I so while it didn't totally stop sexual activity some studies did show that abstinence programs did seem to effect when minority students initiated first sexual activity and delayed onset of sexual activity tends to also mean fewer STIs. Even if abstinence isn't used in schools as a primary method of teaching I think we need to emphasize condom use instead of other forms of contraception as part of safer sex practices.

Kellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellie said...

The baby's rights were not honored that day...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...