it's getting crazy in here + goals for this week

It's getting crazy around here...


Spring destruction  decluttering has commenced. I'm not sure if we'll make it out alive. ;)

Here's the bookshelf mid-way:

And after....phew:


In between was this:



And a little cooking:


Zane and I eat this steamed from Costco. So easy!
Kale chips for a refueling snack:


And I'm making a new to-do list for the next few days in here:


Here are my goals for the next 5 days:

do:
  • finish house decluttering before garage sale this weekend: attic items, linen + laundry cabinet, kitchen drawer, and craft supplies
  • reorganize closet
  • price garage sale items
  • list sale online
  • sell clothing armoire {?}
  • wash throw blankets
  • reorganize kid rooms
read: 
  • my Bible daily {anything else is extra this week, LOL}
learn:
  • 1 Corinthians 15:56-58: 
    The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
be:
  • steadfast- especially in being joyful. I need His Spirit- His victory through our Lord Jesus. I want to do His work- being faithful in love even when things are hard. I'm still the mama, there's still cooking and cleaning and work to do even when I don't feel like it. ;) I want to choose joy by setting my hope on Jesus, not on how much sleep I'm getting.


meal plans:

beans + rice 
potatoes + salad, 
salmon + kale + rice
oatmeal, turkey bacon, + fruit
sandwiches and multigrain chips
semi-homemade pizza
whatever else we can find in the pantry from our big shopping trip!

Anything simple like last night's super quick meal {potatoes and salmon} works for me. :)


Are you decluttering/simplifying now too? :)

Any garage sale tips for me? :) It's been a while since we've had one!!

19 comments

Molly Bronson said...

I love Spring Decluttering! Baby #2 will be here in July so we're really trying to declutter and reorganize the house before she gets here. We've been working slowly and taking it room by room but it feels so good to see progress. It's hard though to stay motivated since the weather here in NC has been semi-warm and beautiful lately. Good luck! =)

Ann said...

I sooo want to declutter - slowly realizing I need to do a bit each day 'cause there is never time (or energy) to tackle a whole room in one day. I love your goals for the week! Thank you for posting :)

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you listed each section for your goals. What a great way to discipline yourself. I especialy liked the learn section. I would like to incorporate this as well. (dont know how to add my name so it showed up anonymous) Alice

Sophie from France said...

Spring decluttering here too!!! And I'm not sure I'll will make it out alive too! Could I send you an email about homeschooling? We made this choice for next year and I have a ton of questions (not, one or two only!!) on the daily organization! Our kids almost the same age and I don't know anyone who does homeschooling with several children...

Kristy Homemaker said...

Like the idea of writing down a to do list in a notebook! I'm going to start doing that. I try to use my iphone to make to do list but I forget to check it. Thanks for the great blog post!

Julie @ Logger's Wife said...

I'm always decluttering. I'm a clutter-hating semi-minimalist married to a pack rat. Unfortunately, a lot of our conversations look like this:

Hubby: Do you know where my ______ is? I could have sworn I had one.
Me: Um.....no. No idea where it is.
Hubby: Julie.......
Me: You never used it. We had it in the basement for 6 years.
Hubby: *sigh*

Maguen Denhalter said...

I took everything out of the bedrooms,cleaned the carpets and nothing goes back in unless there is a spot of it. Doing it all at once ais a lot ofwork, but well worth it.

Mandy said...

yes, please do! I also know a girl who is from France who lives here and has 5 kids as well- I so want to hook you guys up too!! :D

Maguen Denhalter said...

I took everything out of the bedrooms,cleaned the carpets and nothing goes back in unless there is a spot of it. Doing it all at once ais a lot ofwork, but well worth it.

Denise said...

Working on decluttering once the taxes are finished! How did you cook your salmon and potatoes (silly question, I know?)

Mandy said...

oh no, not at all- I boiled the potatoes and the salmon was canned so we just ate it like it came. It was my first time eating it straight from a can like tunafish and I liked it! :D

Mandy said...

ooooh wow! you're a hardcore declutterer! I love it!! :D

Mandy said...

LOL I know how you feel! It's crazy but I would rather pay twice for it than store it for 6 years! Is that weird?

Mandy said...

yay for summer babies!! :D we have lots of them!! :D I love that spring falls right before it so we're motivated to get ready for baby! :D congratulations!

Bree Pollock said...

Working on spring de-cluttering our house too. We are getting ready for baby #2 coming in the beginning of July. Hoping to get everything done before he comes. I've been working on simplifying our home, not sure if it's the nesting or what but I've gotten so tired of having so much stuff that we don't need. I've been in the throw away/donate mood haha. Love your blog, happy de-cluttering and organizing :)

tamtam6599 said...

We are as well at my house. Right now working on the Garage to turn it into a family room / exercise rooms as well as extra space for my baking supplies. When it comes to yard sales visibility is key as well as it being spread out and not too cluttered. Also if you have a local radio station that has a trading post, usually on an AM station, they may advertise it for free for you as well. Also your local newspaper and craigslist. I have been using a chore sheet from the confident mom site that has been very helpful in the de cluttering process. Thank you for all of your words of encouragement and how to tips.

mwimp said...

been decluttering for a while! we've prolly culled everything down by HALF and I want to cut that half in half. his toys we did 75% declutter, my craft stuff by 75%, my neice received 6 boxes of books and 4 boxes of videos (we're thru with babies unfortunately). we're rearranging our house to make it work for us and have been painting, and prepping.

I'm also decluttering my clothes even more as I'm down from a 5XL to a 3XL!

luv to see what everyone else is doing.

Cristin said...

How to you cook your kale for chips? I have been wanting to try those

Anonymous said...

Oh this looks like my house, de-cluttering is long overdue but at least its now started. Thanks for the inspiration to keep going.