sweet moments, my kryptonite + on the menu this week

It's MAY!! :D

I don't know about you, but April felt about three months long. I'm happy May is here! :)

We kicked off this gorgeous new month with a little date and birthday shopping:


As you can see, Zane was equally thrilled that May finally arrived. :) We had such a good start already with friends over for dinner, church, and a big birthday yesterday!

My one and only spring baby came into this world nine years ago. Noah was born sunny side up, and this boy has brightened up our world ever since:


He brings us so much joy. :) I still can't believe my second child is 9. Halfway done growing up. How can this be?!?


He's loving, artistic and very expressive. :) And obviously a hand talker:


He loves making jokes and doing tricks, so we love to do silly things to make him laugh. :) We had fun wrapping his presents in diapers:


He got quite a kick out it. ;) 

While they haven't always gotten along so well, these days he and Isabella {6} are good friends. She made and wrapped him a present without any help or prompting from us. :) Inside this card said, "I love you Noah, and God loves you too. I love you so much."



Oh, be still my mama heart. :) This life with lots of little kids is not always easy, but it's in the moments like those that you realize it's so worth it. {A good reminder for me right this very moment in the middle of it!}.


She made him a blanket for his stuffed bear... :)


Noah requested chicken and dumplings and chocolate cake... I think he must have inherited my taste buds. ;) Eating this cake felt a little like my birthday too. :) {this cake recipe was fabulous, topped with a loose rendition of Hershey's recipe for icing, and Heath bar...mmmm!}


It was a full weekend of happy things. After all that good eating, I'm trying to get back in the game this week with healthier dinners. ;)

here are my meal plans for this week:

:: dinners ::
leftover chicken and dumplings
beans and rice
chicken enchiladas {I precooked the chicken filling yesterday} + leftover rice/beans
semi-homemade pizza
weekend dinner out 
loaded chicken tater tot dish {sub. turkey bacon + greek yogurt}

:: lunches ::
tuna + rice
leftovers
sandwiches
Costco roasted red pepper tomato soup {me- this stuff is soo good!}
salad {me} 

breakfasts:
granola cereal + almond milk
frosted mini wheats {I love these plain!}
plain peanut butter sandwiches {for my non-cereal eater}

How was your weekend? Any May birthdays at your house? :)

Is chocolate cake your kryptonite too? Can I mail you the other half of my cake? Help a girl out! ;)

What's on your menu this week?

15 comments

Clare said...

That cake looks SOOO good right now especially since I'm in the middle of a detox. AHHH! Must walk away!

Clare

PattiKennedy said...

Awe! Happy 9th birthday! We love May! My oldest turns 8 on the 10th and we had triplets on May 31st. One is in heaven now (SIDS), but we still celebrate by releasing balloons. They'll be 2. It's a fun month around here!

Mandy said...

hehehe- well at least it isn't in your kitchen tempting you! :P I was studying your menu last night- I'm cheering for you! I'm with you in spirit, and in body after all that cake is gone- hahahha! :) I know you can do it well! :) {ps. we also need to get Candace to make us a home dance workout routine after she's done- it looks like a crazy hard workout!}

Mandy said...

oh you have a wonderful May ahead!! :) I hope it is full of joy and peace too. much love to you!

Ali Holley said...

Our second was sunny side up as well. He'll be 3 at the end of June. I'll definitely keep that cake recipe around for then.

Felicias Red Door Life said...

Happy birthday to him! I love the idea of wrapping presents in diapers, my baby brothers birthday is coming up soon and I may just have to do this too him. He'd get such a kick out of it and with three newish babies in the family there are lots of diapers.

Our weekend was quite, strange for us because normally they are really busy. We have my mother in laws and my nieces birthday later this month.

If you are still needing a place for the cake I'll take a slice, no more than that though or this diet I'm on will be ruined in a matter of hours. =) After all who can resist a chocolate cake!

Becca said...

Mandy, HOW do you get so many dates? We only have two kids, have been married almost 20 years, and have maybe been on seven dates in all that time. Only two were overnighters. What is your secret?

Mandy said...

my dad is the man and watches all four of the older ones for us to go out every other week or so! :) He lives in the same town as we do, and he's been a HUGE blessing to our marriage! :)

Mandy said...

I sure can't!! So glad you had a restful easy weekend!! : )

Mandy said...

It was definitely different in labor wasn't it? :D

Becca said...

A true blessing, indeed! Enjoy your special times together, and give dad extra hugs! :)

Jenny said...

I always wanted a May baby and God granted me that wish with my sixth baby. His birthday is May 30th. Now if I have more children, I'm thinking an August baby might be great...strike that, that would mean 8 months pregnant, in the mid-South, in July.

Kelly said...

My sister and I were pregnant at the same time...My only son was due April 26th and he was born ON his due date because I was induced as I had gestational diabetes. My sisters last baby was born May 6th. They are both 10!

Kelly said...

OTOH, my husband and I got married in May and we'll celebrate 15 years of marriage on the 15th!!!! We've had a LOT of ups and downs over the course of our marriage but I think 15 years is a HUGE milestone nowadays so I'm hoping my husband and I can get away for a little night out to celebrate!!!!

Mandy said...

oh congratulations!!! that is huge!! Oh my goodness YAY!! I hope you do get a chance to get away!