Tuesday, May 27, 2014

the long {almost summer} weekend of firsts

You can tell a new season is close upon us- we had so many firsts of the year over the last week! :D

The very first jump in the pool:


The first calling in of the husband to come and kill the bug... {also the first gigantic millipede I've ever seen in the house- that thing was massive!}:


The first time I've cleaned out this drawer in years:


Oh my, it was so sad- I ended up regretting all that cleaning effort yesterday. ;) I found those old potholders from our wedding shower in the back and put them in the front of the drawer again- I forgot they had thin spots. :( Thin potholders= burned hands= dropped all the tater tots in the oven= lots fell in the holes= I can't cook until we unscrew the oven bottom and clean it= no pre-made food today... :( Sandwiches may be all we get to eat for dinner. :P 

Speaking of food- we also had our first summer batch of veggies yesterday:


For dinner last night, we had turkey burgers and lots of veggies, and a few of those oven-bottom tater tots: ;)


Thankfully, my dad came over too. It's always way more fun to share good food. :)


I must be nursing that man-baby even more because I'm suddenly starving all the time. Give me food. I think I'm still hungry from last night. Is it weird that I really crave bread and butter and avocado right now? And meat. I need lots of meat. :) He weighs around 24 lbs. now, and is still mostly nursing so I guess that may be why I'm ravenous all the time?  

I was so glad for the extra day off yesterday. I got the chance to make a few extra meals last night with my good hand while I cooked the turkey burgers. :)


We've actually enjoyed lots of good food these last few days- these pizzas kicked off the weekend. Cream cheese makes a very good base for garlic veggie pizza {fat...mmmm! hahaha}:


Another first-we hunted down this baby's very first ride-on toy:


{Did you know that Toys R' Us will price match Amazon? I didn't, but I was thankful they did! :)}

If I can remember correctly, I think we also had our very first trail hike with Zaner this weekend:




Once we found the wide path, they were off to see the wizard. ;)


I sure do love these munchkins.


Today we're back to school and fitness classes and life as usual. :) Only a few more days, right? That long weekend was a bit of a tease. ;)

We can do this, can't we? Yes or yes?

Just a handful of days to go. I'm ready.

But first I'm going to go find something to eat. ;)



How many more days until summer starts for you?
One more week for us. I'm excited. :)

Have you been swimming yet? How do you decide when to go?
I sure didn't, but the children have twice now already! :P I like to feel like I'm burning before I get in the water. Anything less is freezing.  :)

27 comments:

Betsy said...

I am beyond ready for summer. I love it!!

Breanne said...

I love your blog, girl! So inspiring! I actually feel like getting off the couch to exercise now ;)

Jesenia Montanez said...

A couple of weeks before school officially ends for us and summer break begins. Love the pictures. :)

Diane North said...

3.5 days.... I can smell it. How important are those last couple of days, really?

momie2ten said...

HS senior graduated 2wks ago=summer vaca has begun! 8th grader finished last Thurs & graduates this Thurs! College kids have been done for a month. 1st & 3rd grader have been home for a few months (started homeschooling!) 5th & 6th grader will be done Friday (as soon as they get home from DC trip, prepaid & wouldn't refund or they would have been done with the 1st & 3rd graders) my poor 10th grader still has 2wks to go but has been taking plenty of 'personal days' to play with us!!

momie2ten said...

Not important at all! We've always skipped the last week because it seemed like they were watching videos & cleaning ~ if anyone is gonna benefit from my kids cleaning, it will be me!!

Erin said...

That veggie pizza looks FAB! Can you give us the ingredients? I like to copy-cat the right way... ;)

Natacha said...

1,5 months (!) here in Luxembourg. From July 15th till September 15th.

Sarah said...

Target will also price match amazon! Then you can stack a manufacturer coupon, Target coupon and a Cartwheel on top of the Amazon price!!! This makes for amazing deals around Christmas when all of the toy coupons are out!

Mandy said...

oh my goodness!! I didn't know that! WOW!!

Mandy said...

oh I hope the last six weeks flies by for you! :D

Mandy said...

it was cream cheese sprinkled with garlic salt base with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and spinach baked at 425 :D let me know if you like it! :D

Mandy said...

oh wow!! I need lessons from you! Amazing woman!

Mandy said...

That's so much to keep track of! :D good job mama!!

Mandy said...

hehehhe, I'm with you! Chlorine and watermelon and sunscreen is in the air! :D

Mandy said...

wohoo!! two more is great!! yay!

Mandy said...

me too! :)

Mandy said...

:) aww yay!!

katy Hahn said...

We just decided to begin homeschooling. Any suggestions on a strong curriculum?

Kathleen Dunbar said...

That sounds amazing!

Jaime Southwick said...

You can do it Mandy! I have three littles I'm homeschooling and we're in the final sprint to July 2nd!!! Cheers!!

Victoria Wilson said...

O man, I hear you on the nursing and being so HUNGRY all the time! lol My little one is in the 84th percentile or something, all mama's milk. No wonder I can't stop eating. Hope you all have a wonderful summer, looks like it's off to a great start!

Thrifty Mommy Trish said...

Ha! I Thought You Were Preggers Again! Didn't Think About The Nursing!

Thrifty Mommy Trish said...

Ha! I Thought You Were Preggers Again! Didn't Think About The Nursing!

Anonymous said...

Just be careful at Target. They will only match Amazon if it is an item from Amazon, not an outside seller on Amazon.

LeAnn said...

Love those chunky baby legs. The veggies look awesome. We picked our first squash and zucchini last week - they were yummo

Deanna Michaels said...

My baby turned one last week and he's still not caring about solid! I figure I'll take advantage of the need for extra calories while I can. :-) You have such an adorable family!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...