Monday, May 12, 2014

a special weekend away for Mother's Day

How was your Mother's Day weekend? :)

My gift for Mother's Day was a weekend night away with the kids. :) On Saturday, they took me to my favorite shops and they were all on their very best behavior: 


I usually go there just to browse around Anthro's ridiculously beautiful displays, but this time I ended up with a new volcano candle since my birthday one ran out long ago. :) Do you see the sign in this pic? They actually had 15% off for the ladies this weekend! {score!}


They did very well in the store, and we were all ready to go eat dinner after that excursion! :) It's always a challenge to feed our crew when we go out, so when we spotted a Fuddruckers on the way to our little rental, we knew we had to stop. :) 


It turns out, the 15% off my beloved candle was just the beginning of good things. :) We enjoyed lots of freebies this weekend! I loved having breakfast made for us for free with our stay at the suite/apartment/hotel thing- these scrambled eggs were amazing:


Our kids get the biggest kick out of buffets. :) They're pretty much in heaven when they get to pick whatever they want to eat.



The staff there even handed out Mother's Day chocolate at breakfast. :) They know how to speak a mother's language, I tell you. Even Zaner was eating fresh hash browns and loving it:


After breakfast, we were ready to go home {the baby didn't get the memo that mama would like to sleep for Mother's Day}, so we headed out for home, and on the way I had a chance to go here with this:


I haven't had Starbucks in the morning in forever. It was... very pleasant. ;) Like Anthro, I didn't need anything there but it was fun to shop around. {They are like the cheap version of Anthropologie in my mind!} I did find this super cute deep colander that we could use. We also stopped at GW {Goodwill} on the way home and I found a couple of items I hope to tell you about later on this week. :)

We finished out the weekend grocery shopping at Costco, and having a late night dinner using a gift certificate we had to Texas Roadhouse. It was a very full two days of special things. :)


Today, it's back to regular life, and the last couple of weeks of homeschooling are still ahead of us. 

I'm so thankful for a weekend away before we fight through the rest of May homeschooling. ;) It's getting easier and harder all at the same time. {more on that later too- !! :P}

How was your weekend?

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

(1) I have never set foot inside an Anthropologie store!

(2) where did you stay to get that lovely breakfast? Give 'em some free PR so we'll all know.

It looks like y'all had a blast. Except for that not getting to sleep in part, of course.

Mandy said...

LOL! :D I had never been in one until I was well past 25 years old for sure! :) We stayed at Homewood Suites with Hilton- they even had a fireplace and a kitchen!! :D

Sophie from France said...

Mother's day is the 25th here...but I don'tt think it will be better than yours! How beautiful children you have!
And about homeschooling, it's official: we haven't reinstated our children to school for the next year (registrations were today). So Homeschooling .... here we come!

Devika Varma said...

I am new to this space of yours and totally loved it. Glad that you had an amazing weekend with family and the Lord gave you many things to enjoy for free :)

Are your children homeschooled? How do you find the time being a mom of five kids and teaching fitness classes? Really admire your activities :)

Anonymous said...

On Saturday I was able to go almost kid free (took my 2 month old with me!) to a ladies fundraiser high tea which was SO much fun as I got to really dress up and eat lots of yummy sweets and savouries. Sunday my 3 girls spoilt me with pressies, we went to church and we had my parents and in laws round for a mothers day braai (BBQ). So all in all a very good weekend :)

Nicholas Uszaki said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful mother's day! That is awesome!! Your kids are all such cuties! I wanted to ask you a question about homeschooling. I have three little ones. I would like another, but my husband and other family members are concerned that I won't be able to teach 3 or 4 different grades at once. I've been thinking about it and wondering how too. Do you have any advice? Thank you so much!! Happy belated mother's day!!

Life And Loving Our Precious Ms! said...

Oops, sorry, I posted a comment with my husband, Nicholas Uszaki's account, and I don't know how to delete it. My name is Katie Uszaki. So just so you don't think it's weird. I would love some homeschooling advice for multiples of different grades. My kids are all about 2 years apart. Thank you so much!!! Have a blessed day!!

Nicole @ SimplyHomemaking said...

Hello! Just found your blog. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I especially enjoy that you too carted your kiddies with you. Many think that Mother's Day should be celebrated with a break from the little ones, instead of enjoying what makes motherhood so special :) Many Blessings, Nicole

Jen C said...

Are You In Colorado?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...