our Ava girl is 5, our family birthday tradition + one of the best parenting moments yet

{easiest birthday breakfast ever- Cinnabon cinnamon rolls from a can :D} 
I can't believe she's already 5 years old! :)


We've been celebrating her birthday for the last two days! {perfect timing for my computer to be on the fritz, right? the answer is yes! ha! :)

We usually try to keep birthdays fairly simple around here. Our big tradition is that the birthday person gets to choose whatever they want to eat for dinner and dessert- the sky's the limit. 

Ava chose lasagna, so of course I made a big batch! :)


She also chose cake for dessert. I had this cake mix in the pantry and it turned very well, I think! The batter was thick and creamy, and the cake turned out to be very moist, indeed. :)


My favorite part of the whole day was seeing the children give Ava her gifts. They each selected a present for her and bought it with their own money. 


I have to say- seeing the children give out of their own hearts makes my mama heart swell with joy. It's so, so beautiful. It makes me wonder what the Lord thinks when His children give freely and in love. Thank you, Lord God for these little children to teach us.

 

Ava got to have lots of special time and outings with my family, and these friends came over to enjoy the lasagna feast! :D


We are very blessed to have this little princess in our lives. :D She is bubbly, full of life, and so smart. :) Every night she gives her daddy three kisses: one on each cheek, and then one on the forehead. :) She loves her family so very well.


We thank the Lord God for the five years He's given us, and pray the Lord blesses Ava with His merciful salvation and gives her a heart to be used for His glory! 

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3

13 comments

Anonymous said...

Those Cinnamon Buns looks delish! Would you share the recipe? Kari

LouEsta Falkowski said...

What are ways your children earn money? Do you put a cap on how much they are allowed to spend? How do you teach your children about money?

Mandy said...

yes- those came from a can! :D hehehe! :)I do have an amazing recipe though- it's here:http://allrecipes.com/recipe/clone-of-a-cinnabon/

Sophie from France said...

Joyeux anniversaire Ava {in french in the text- I teach you french because I hope you'll come here some day ;))) }! She's so cute with her dress!
My own daugther's birthday is sunday, and she will turn 8...Oh my, 8!!! Yesterday she was a tiny baby and sunday, she will be 8!! They grown so faster!!

survivingtoddlerhood.com said...

The cinnamon roll number is awesome! I have to remember that for my preschoolers birthday coming up, he loves! cinnamon rolls. :)
Happy Birthday Ava!

Anonymous said...

What a little princess!!! Hapy Birthday Ava, God Bless! :-)

Tess

Anonymous said...

Whoops …meant Happy not hapy!

Tess

Michelle said...

Cinnabon cinnamon roll birthday cake....what a neat idea!

Yes, we can learn a lot from our children.

Happy Birthday Ava!!

Emil Sinclair said...

Awww Que bonita tradición. No sabes como espero que mis hermanos me hagan tio para consentir así de bonito. Pero desde ya ando tomando apuntes para la práctica :)

Felicidades a Ava :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for having a child centered birthday, not a Pinterest centered birthday. I see so many over the top children's birthday celebrations posted on people's blogs, and it was nice to see one that was full of love, not just decorations and fluff.

mycheapcamera said...

I love your prayer for Ava and your heart for your family. I am encouraged to find you and other moms who actually enjoy their children! Blessed be the name of The Lord for the gifts He has given us in our families.

Jesenia said...

What a sweetie! Happy Birthday Ava!

Marcie Lindow said...

Thanks for the recipe!