the best deal on designer jeans ever {you won't believe the price!}

If you follow me over on Instagram, you might already know I scored big thrifting on Saturday! Plato's Closet was having a huge summer clearance sale, and I felt like nearly stole my 10 items for $10!! :)

I'd never been to their big clearance sale before, so I was floored I got to the store and saw there was a line to get in. 

I waited my turn, and I'm so glad I did. ;)

Here's what I made it out with:


Tops from Gap, Old Navy, and Lux {Urban Outfitters}, and designer jeans: Paige, Citizens of Humanity, Joe's, True Religion, and Cabi by Juicy Couture, along with a pair of Mossimo and American Eagle jeans. All for $1 each. And in perfect condition.

I certainly didn't need 7 more pairs of jeans {though they did all fit! crazy!}, but if I can sell even just one of them on eBay or at a consignment sale, I will pay for all of my clothes plus some!! :D Yay for shopping for profit! :)

Though there was a line around the store to checkout, I couldn't resist asking for a moment to pause and take a picture of this:


I couldn't believe I saved $201.00 off of their used clothing prices!! And I know at least four of those pairs of jeans would be more than $125 each new... I imagine that stack of clothing would have retailed for at least $600- $750 originally. And all of it only cost me $10 plus tax. :D

That's some pretty sweet savings if you ask me!! :D

Do you ever shop at Plato's Closet?
I rarely do but I also love Clothes Mentor, their sister store.

What's the best clothing deal you've found recently? I'd love to hear!

Do you have any luck reselling your clothes? What's your favorite way to recover your investment?
I've never done a consignment sale, but I have taken them to a store, and sold them on Craigslist and Facebook. :)




17 comments

Bonnie Getchell said...

I love Plato's Closet! I recently won a gift card from the local store here and was sooo excited lol!

-Bonnie

katie_shannon said...

Woah! That's awesome!

Helena Schaden said...

My best deal ever was at a garage sale. At the same sale, I found a pair of tall leather Uggs for $10, two pair of classic Uggs for $2 a pair, a pair of Toms shoes $2 and a pair of Nike Free running shoes $2. They were alp in perfect condition! I about fell over because I'm usually never that lucky. Congrats on your finds!

Catlyn Hoepner said...

Oh my goodness, I am so jealous right now! :) hmmm...I just found a used Coach purse for $10! Perfect condition. That's my clothing steal!

J & A said...

I ask this not to be snarky but because I wonder the same thing about myself sometimes: where do you (and where do I!?) draw the line at shopping for shopping's sake? What have you felt God was saying to you about this kind of thing? Where does the hunt and thrill of scoring a good deal stop outweighing 'what do I actually NEED to live'? I don't know if you've addressed this prior, but I would be SO interested in your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

We have a thrift shop here in Atlanta and I get all name brand clothes for my kids for less than a dollar a piece! As in nautica, tommy hilfiger, polo, chaps etc! I shop ahead for the next season. That way when it gets hot/cold outside majority of the kids clothes are already bought.

Mandy said...

I did talk about this before, actually! :) I have blogged about this over here: http://biblicalhomemaking.blogspot.com/2011/10/day-31-thrifty-goals-31-days-of.html and here: http://biblicalhomemaking.blogspot.com/2014/01/super-gw-score-new-fossil-tote-bag-for.html ; I definitely try not to buy for the sake of having more- I find that I do not enjoy having lots of things in my house/closet. I usually find one thing I like and stick with it for a long time. :) In this case, all of the jeans did meet my standards of being an investment I can make money on right away, or even use if I couldn't sell them. And this deal- the price of just one pair was more than buying all 10, so I could give pass on the deal to friends or give them all of them away as gifts and still be ahead. I would say most of the time these days I will usually pass on an item unless it serves a specific purpose or I can resell it for a good amount of money. :)

Mandy said...

oh, winning a gift card is way better!! score!

Mandy said...

wow!! were they your size?? that's awesome!

Mandy said...

that's a steal for sure!! If you need any jeans, I can send them your way!! hahaha!

Mandy said...

I was excited! I really liked the blue shirt and then the jeans were icing on the cake, hahah! :)

Mandy said...

wow!! that's a GREAT thrift store!!

Bethany said...

So my greatest "steal" was this weekend.....I stole (borrowed) from my trendy sister! After reading Jen Hatmaker's book 7 last month, I made a commitment to fast from clothes shopping for a while, and then only buy thrift the rest of the year if I really "needed" (wanted) something. We are leaving on vacation to the beach today, so rather than buy all new cute beach clothes, she let me raid her closet! Score!

Lauren | Bears By Lauren said...

My daughter shopped at Plato's closet the entire time she was in high school. She was able to dress like her friends at a fraction of the cost.

JoyBelle said...

I've never heard of them but wow, I want some awesome clothes for that cheap! I just got some workout bottoms at Family Dollar for $8 each. Elsewhere they tend to be closer to the $18 range.

JD Bailey said...

I have never heard of this store so I Googled it and holy cow - there's one right near me! I will check it out. Thanks for the tip!!!

Melissa said...

What a haul! Good for you. In our diy section with the $25 painted floor, where did you find your amazing bookshelf/storage unit??