Tuesday, July 15, 2014

the things we'll do for free food + lots of summer fun

It's likely that nearly 1/3 of all Americans were dressed like this last Friday:


It's a rare disorder called, "I'll do anything for free food-itis" and it looks a lot like this:


We secretly think the bigwigs were out shooting guns one day, and one said to the other, hey- how many people do you think you can get to dress up like a cow at one time?

The answer? From what I can tell, millions. ;)

We bought t-shirts, lots of duck tape, and spent close to an hour on our costumes, but hey, we got all of this for free!! :)


Our total? $47.52!

I bet you'd dress up like a cow for $50 bucks too, wouldn't you? :P There's no shame in that game!

{We did it last year too, two weeks before my due date. I think being 38 weeks preggo qualified as a costume on its own! hahah! ;)}


We've been having such a lovely summer. In between working on lots of house projects, we've been swimming:


And then targeting... ;)


Reading:


And thanks to a very mild Texas summer, enjoying being outdoors:


We found a little river park on the side of the highway, and we decided to explore. 


And, thanks to a very sweet friend who watched all of my munchkins, I got to sneak away and get my toenails painted and have some alone time after a long, hard couple of weeks. :)


Friends are the best aren't they? What a blessing! :)

Summer 2014 = friends, parties, food, fresh air...all good for this girl's soul after a long, hard winter. :)

How was your weekend? 

Did you score any free Chick-fil-a?

Favorite season of the year? 
Mine's usually fall, but this summer? Amazing.

17 comments:

Brie said...

We did the cow thing--breakfast, lunch & dinner! All of our locations had the employees dress as cowboys, which I thought was hilarious since all the customers were dressed like cows!

Mandy said...

aww that's awesome! What a great idea!!

i9jadei9 said...

I absolutely love your sandals, where did you get them from? I'd love to find a pair!

Julie @ Loggers Wife said...

-Weekend was busy. My 2yr old was a flower girl in wedding that was no where near us.

-No Chik-fil-a's this far north so no dressing like a cow for me.

-Fall and spring. I hate summer and winter. Winter is below zero here often and very snowy. Summer is humid so even 83 feels horrible. I don't like the extremes.

Kim Sullivan said...

It looks like you and your family are having a fantastic summer! I am so glad! And, I too LOVE your sandals!!!! Please tell us where you got them!!!

Mandy said...

I bought them at Marshall's- they're Fergalicious brand! :)

Mandy said...

oh I feel you on the humidity thing!! But below zero winters- I'm a weakling! How do you do it?! :D

Mandy said...

oh thank you! they're fergalicious brand from Marshall's! :)

i9jadei9 said...

Thanks Mandy I'll have to try and track a pair down! =)

Kelly said...

Great post and love the cow costumes...too cute. We don't have a Chick-fil-a in our town :( My favorite season has to be fall and summer, when the temps aren't blazing HOT!!!! But in Alabama that's usually how the summer is...lol. Oh and I love your sandals:)

Julie @ Loggers Wife said...

I am much better with cold than I am with heat. My theory is: I can only take so many clothes off. I can always layer more on. :) Plus, I grew up even farther north in far northern Maine where winter is late October-April and very, very cold. December-March and not as cold...I can totally handle that. :)

Michelle said...

This has been a rather mild summer. I saw, on a blog, where their expecting a polar vortex winter.
I pray our winter isn't too bad. But, for now, it's nice to hear Texas is having a mild summer.
From what I remember, last year was extremely hot.

Kerry said...

That aqua/white striped maxi skirt that you bought at Walmart last summer - how has it held up? I've seen them in store recently.

Bekah said...

We don't have CFA in our town, which is EXCEEDINGLY sad, but I bet my husband could talk me into dressing up like a chicken for free food. And I do so love it there. This past weekend??? We worked as photographers at a scholarship fundraising golf outing. Ryan got to drive a golf cart (his happy place) and I got to take pictures (my happy place) - and best of all? God completely evaporated the monsoon that the radar showed dumping on us for the entire day. Miracle!!!

Steve Patterson said...

Too Cute, my daughter and I did the dressing up like a cow. http://www.courageouschristianfather.com/father-daughter-dressed-like-cows/
We went on the free fish day at LJS. I just wished I thought to pull out my pirate costume.
Your family looks cute dressed up.

Seaweed and Raine said...

Your out and about photos have me missing summer so much!!! I actually love every season but winter (which is what we are in the middle of right now!). We don't have CFA in Aus as far as I know, but what a scream for marketing!!! I don't think I've heard of anything here in Sydney quite like that for marketing... something for marketing execs to think about.

Seaweed and Raine said...

P.S. Mandy, where IS the spot where you took the outdoor pics (the tree and the river) - it's gorgeous! I had no idea that texas had so much GREEN!!! ;)
Sheree

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...