family, food, and one negative side effect

Back on Labor Day weekend {forever ago now?}, my brother Josh and sister-in-law Cayse came down from Arkansas to stay for a few days. They're extremely awesome people and we miss them like crazy, so we soaked up every moment we had together after not seeing them for 9 months. In fact, we enjoyed seeing them so much, I totally forgot to take any pictures with them. :( But I did get one shot I was very happy about...

We played washers one afternoon, and Noah needed to get one washer in the center pipe of the box- a major long shot. It was never going to happen, and then... he got it in the center!!!


It was so cool. :) I can't remember if it won the game, but it was crazy fun. :) I can't even believe I got that shot of him getting that shot. :D

Zaner's getting around these days. He's standing on his own, but mostly resorts to this frog position to get from place to place: 


After the family left, we went back to school as usual. The boys made their first loaves of bread for science:


And here were the results of their experiment:


I love homeschooling. :) I love experiments that involve my belly. :)

Although there's one potential side effect of being a homeschool mom I'm not so sure about: 


Accidentally carrying your toothpaste to the car for no good reason. :)

Or, I guess that might be a side effect of being a mom


It was a good trade though. Those brain cells were going to die someday anyway. ;)

When was the last time you accidentally carried something you didn't need with you? Or washed a hammer in the laundry? hahah!

Have you ever played washers? Is it a southern thing? 
Either way it's so much fun!

Have you made bread lately? Any good recipes?
We made this recipe and love it, but I'm always up for new ones! I really want to make some rosemary garlic bread since it's almost fall. :)

15 comments

Michelle Peoples said...

I carried the TV remote out to the car with me for no apparent reason...it was just in my hand I guess while I was cleaning up. I tell my kids how I wish they had known me before I had them, I could remember things without sticky notes, I didn't call people the wrong name, I was pretty quick back then :)

agoconnor said...

As a woodworker/builder/tinker (tinkerer?), my husband has lots of tools and uses them often. I have washed pencils, screwdrivers, sockets, mini flashlights.. good times, good times. Lol! Nothing quite as noisy as a hammer, though. :-)

Anonymous said...

http://www.food.com/recipe/5-minute-artisan-bread-325571

Stefanie Called His said...

You washed a HAMMER? That is hilarious. xD Seriously.
LOL

Sophie from France said...

What is washers? How to play it?
Garlic rosemary bread is awful!! especially with some cheese like cheddar or parmesan!! I'm going to do one batch of it today, you made me hungry!!
And Yay for homeschooling, it's wonderful!!! It changes our lives!

Kristin said...

This is my current favorite bread recipe:http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garlic-herb-braid

It's easy, not too time-consuming, and looks gorgeous! Of course, it tastes wonderful, too.

Mandy said...

It's a very simple game- you just toss the rings into the box from 10-12 feet away. Inside the pipe you get 3 points, and outside in the box you get 1 point. :D how was the bread? Send me a piece!! ;)

Mandy said...

I'm so glad homeschooling is going well!! :DD yay!!

Mandy said...

oh THANK you!!!! I can't wait to make it!

Mandy said...

I know right? hahah!

Mandy said...

One would think it would be impossible to wash a hammer, but no! :D growing up I washed lots of pencils and screws! :)

Mandy said...

hey now I don't feel so bad! :D thank you! :) I used to be so sharp back in the day too! LOL!

Janelle said...

Or wore your slippers to church and only realized during the service! Yup, that happened fir reals!

Courtney said...

Zane and my Cathrine are the same age. She's also standing on her own but mostly gets around by scooting. They'll be walking soon enough!

Valerie said...

I washed a calculator the other day :)