life lately: recovery, breakfast in bed, fires, and toddling

We didn't move too far from our old house, but a few miles and a couple of towns away and our life suddenly feels completely different. We're still adjusting to the many changes, and {thankfully!} I've been in recovery mode for the last week, trying to rest in between unpacking and messes and school.

We took a school break the first few days after we moved, so I was happy to be served a relaxing breakfast on the couch our first day at home while Rob went back to work:


They must know I love carbs and drinks, because there were an awful lot of pies and breadsticks and mugs on that tray. ;) I can dig it. I've decided the slow life is for me. :) We actually moved to a smaller country town where I can run into the grocery store and get everything I need within a 50 yard distance. YES! :D

I went there to pick up graham crackers for s'mores...


and spotted these... and no, I did NOT buy them, nor was I tempted to: 


{Chad Scott, what were you thinking? No, just no!} ;)

This boy certainly loved his first s'mores campfire:



And last week I enjoyed my first slow "country" run:


Oh, the air out here. It's unbelievable. I'm in awe of the quiet and the freshness of it all. I was so ready for this. :) I've really needed a break. We worked on our house for months to get it ready for listing, and then the long move, and after the hectic-ness of it all... I can finally sort-of-almost breathe again. :) Now my focus is on being thankful and trying not to be overwhelmed by the aftermath and the constant mess. :)

Thank you Lord God, for good husbands who drop you off for coffee and a little alone time while they take all the kids to Lowe's. :) 


And for ones who go into the store to return your item and bring you flowers back. ;) 


The kiddos deserved a good break too, so we took a little weekend jaunt to the fishery for the first time:




We have much better luck fishing at the grandparents' house than there, but hey, the fishery did have stink bait. ;) The big boys were happy about that! :)


And speaking of BIG boys, look who's walking now!! :D





Five times I've seen a baby learn to walk now, and I'm still thrilled by it. :) Sleepless nights aside ;), it's so fun to be a mama! That smile when they finally make it over to you....oh, my heart. :D

What have you been up to lately??

18 comments

terre said...

your new town looks lovely! i am a bit jealous of the slower lifestyle you talked about. looking forward to seeing your new place and what you will do to it. is it bigger?

Jody Dake said...

Looks similar to where I walk. I posted a collage of pics on my instagram of where I walk. You can link to it from my blog, but you may have to look down for it, but you would know it from all the country road views. Isn't the country just lovely, and simple, and breathtaking? The little one looks so big now! And what beautiful flowers! Such a great hubby!

Always Experiencing Him,
Jody

Stefani said...

Hey mama, where did you move to? We moved too--- from the thriving metropolis of Ben Wheeler, into Tyler- August Street. I love this area.

Anonymous said...

So happy to see that you are settling well, and everyone survived the move. I have been checking every day for a new post! Your new area looks quiet, calm and lovely! Can't wait for more updates on your new home, town, etc.

Love and peace to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I was not as wise as you, and was talked into sampling the Cappucino Lays by my beloved teenager. A definite don't. :)

Sandy Farmer The simple life said...

I agree, the slower the life is a blessing!
Come join me as I share my journey concerning, Homemaking, Homeschooling, and Homesteading:)

https://www.facebook.com/wholesomelivinginamodernworld

Ashley W. said...

I have to say that I DID purchase the cappuccino chips ( I was so curious!) By themselves they are no good, but I cruched them on top of vanilla bean ice cream and it was awesome!!

Anonymous said...

this sound wonderful and the area we are looking to move to. Where did you move to? We currently live in Los Angeles and I am taking care of my elderly dad. We are looking for the simple life with no hussle and bussle and where I can stay home full time. Any suggestions would be great! Thank you.

Lyndsi S said...

We move away and y'all move in (I recognize it from the pictures :) I have several homeschooling families that are close friends, in town that you should meet. I hope yall enjoy it as we did. There are some great little local restaurants that are fantastic, that you will have to try out.

Mandy said...

just further south about 30 minutes :) How do you like Tyler? Are you close to the midwife's office? :D

Mandy said...

It is bigger and smaller at the same time! :D

Mandy said...

That's awesome! you're a good sport mama!! :)

Mandy said...

OH! good to know! I LOVE crunchy with ice cream!!

Mandy said...

Oh!! I am sad you moved away!! :( But there's always a chance we could see you at Rudy's someday!! :P

Mandy said...

oh Jody, your area is lovely!! wow!! I think we were made for the country weren't we? I love it so. :D

Sophie from France said...

Happy to read you again! And yes to the slow life, it'definitly what I need! Your country seems so quiet and lovely!

SBlair said...

I'm so out of the loop! What prompted the move? What's going on?...Other than I know you sold your house & moved.

JoyBelle said...

I keep saying we're like living parallel lives! We are fixing up our old house in the city and hoping to find at least 10 acres after it sells. We have a long, long ways to go still but we're all very, very ready. I'm from Iowa and while I did not live on a farm, my heritage is in the country as both my parents did grow up on farms. I've never liked the city life and I'm SO grateful my husband finally agrees on living in the country. I didn't even try to convince him and I'll be honest - wasn't really praying for God to sway him either. It's the natural conclusion that he came to........ and so I'm reading up on having chickens and cows in the midst of fixing up this old place. :-D I'm trying to be faithful with little right now and so patient. It's hard some days when your heart is somewhere else...