what $29 will get you at Goodwill

Thrift shopping trips to our old GW have been few and far between in the last few years. Is it just me, or did all Goodwill's suddenly go up in price? Ours has a new manager who is very organized and on top of things {and that makes a huge difference!}, but I would say as a company, their prices have definitely gone up in the last two or three years- or at least in Texas anyway.

Even still, high prices at GW are still like 20% of retail! :) I'm okay with that. The savings really adds up in the end!

Here's what $29 will get you at a Goodwill in Texas {before tax}:


1. Men's Kenneth Cole Reaction lined jacket: $7
2. Green Justice military jacket, $4
3. Carter's denim top, $1
4. Levi's {size 14!} jeans, $7


5 + 6. Will books, $2 each
7. Our 50 States, $2
8. Nourishing Traditions cookbook, $2
9. Nothing Can Separate Us, $2

I was happy to find some good children's books while we were there- I find that the kids will read and re-read the books we keep at home. :D

We found a cassette player and the kids were in awe- "A tape player? What is that Mommy?"


I feel so old. :) Yes, children, I used to run with a smaller version of that on my hip... :DDD


Did you have a Walkman? Do you remember when you got your first CD player?? {and now CD's are dying...sheesh! hahaha}

How much would a coat cost at your local thrift store?