postpartum life- 2 weeks {plus} in, baby #6

I am amazed at how life changes every time we have a new baby. :D I somehow always forget the details- like I will probably wake up more times than the baby to check on her, or that drying my hair has to happen in 10 minute shifts when the baby is happy. :D

But goodness, is it all worth it. :)

The tiny toes:



Or how their little head fits right in the palm of your hand.



And how they grab onto your fingers and don't let go:


I have so much to share- God has been unbelievably good to us- and has been kind to answer SO many prayers. But the last couple of weeks have been filled with rest and holding this sweet little baby and nursing every hour or two, and I've been soaking it up. :)


Dealing with postpartum-ness has been no joke {as usual- all the hormones work really well in my body ha!}, but she's thankfully a pretty good sleeper. Unfortunately I'm not a good sleeper- once I wake up to feed her in the middle of the night I stay awake for hours. :(  So if you see me wandering around Sam's in a stupor you'll know why. :P I'm praying the insomnia goes away soon. Thankfully we haven't started school yet so I get to mostly sit around and do this in the daytime:


And yes, I really do stare at her for hours. :P I've only gotten to do this newborn thing 5 other times so I feel the need to make the most out of each one. :)