life lately: wanna-be spring with 6 kiddos

The strangest part of blogging is that you share something hard and then you have to go on, when you really feel like the hard stuff should always be front page news. I've even written a couple of posts since then but I just haven't had the heart to post them. 

You feel like abortion is more important than pretty much anything else that is happening right now, yet - in blogging and in real life- you don't know what to do with it when babies need to be fed, clothes need to be washed, and you are called to be a worker at home because that's what God said to do. You do what you need to do to keep going, but so many times through the day your thoughts keep going back to the sweet babies being murdered at that very minute. How can you live with both?


I wish I had a great answer for how to deal with it, but I don't. I'm just telling you what it's like in my head. Thankfully, I think He's been showing me what to do one day at a time. And sometimes I feel like I'm learning more than I want to. :)

A lot of big life things have been changing around here lately, but one thing is for sure: the warm weather here has been giving us homeschooling spring fever.  :) 

In an effort to keep things fresh, we visited our local Discovery Science Place {with a Groupon!}, and the kids had a blast. One perk of homeschooling: we went on an off day right after school started back so we pretty much had the place to ourselves. 



 



Just FYI, we were waiting for our grandchildren to be born at the "hospital" here... and I still have a baby on my lap. I'm wondering if this moment was prophetic??? It's possible. I might still be having babies by then... who knows! :D


Speaking of babies- this baby is 7 months old today:


And my second baby has had a growth spurt and is turning into a preteen at almost 11:


Did I ever tell you? Zaner is the family clown, without a doubt. He is like a slapstick movie character, and we have no idea where he gets it. He jumped on Ava the other night and gave her a backward thigh chokehold {of course I had to take a pic before I made him let her go}:


He's growing up fast. And who are these big kids in front of my fire pit anyway?



All the while, these crazy people are still learning how to be parents, and now navigating new pre-adolescent waters. Pray for us.  :)


We'll see if we make it to the other side. :)