Tuesday, March 15, 2016

my monday staples + every afternoon now

Lately beans, rice, and bread in bulk have been my Monday staples. After relaxed weekend eating I just tend to crave real food by Monday. :) And hey, I've learned I have more energy on Mondays so I like to make extra food in case I'm too tired to make something else later in the week. {it happens every week. :P}
beans: 2-3 lbs. dry pinto, quick soaked for 1 hr and boiled for 2+ with lots of salt
rice: basmati, cooked 15 min. in the microwave 
wheat bread: easy recipe in progress :) baked in a sandwich loaf pan for easy slicing

The kids love making bread too. Our standard recipe is so easy that the older ones can make it without help. The younger ones need more supervision. ;)


This little face tells you all you need to know:


I can't believe it took me 27 years to like coffee, but I'm making up for lost time with two cups a day- one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  When the kids all go down for a nap at 3 p.m. I recharge with 30 minutes of {mostly} quiet time and coffee. It's awesome.


And well... maybe it could be the reason she's still snacking all night at 7 months old. ;)


Even though she's not sleeping through the night, I've had a much easier time with #6 than with #5. Zane kept me up pretty consistently and I remember feeling seriously drained in March 2014. But this March with a 7-month-old is much better, and I'm SO thankful. :) Just goes to show you that every baby/postpartum time is different. You aren't guaranteed to have the same experience every time around. :)

I could probably train her to sleep through the night, but I don't really mind having her so close. Time with this little baby is already flying by and I truly treasure it more and more as I get older. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...