7 favorite things this week

I have so many things to tell you, but so little time these days. :D Here are just a few of my favorite things, in a quick weekend summary:

// favorite quote //
"He bids me 'Come away.' Further and further from everything selfish, groveling, worldly, sinful, He calls me; yea, from the outwardly religious world which knows Him not, and has no sympathy with the mystery of the higher life, He calls me. 'Come away' has no harsh sound in it to my ear, for what is here to hold me in this wilderness of vanity and sin?” Charles Spurgeon

// favorite article //
"Parents, Require Obedience of Your Children" by John Piper
"What is behind the failure to require and receive obedience? I’m not sure. But it may be that these nine observations will help rescue some parents from the folly of laissez-faire parenting."


// favorite new candle //
almost-but-not-quite-that-good-fraction-of-the-price-of-Anthro:
$8.97 at Walmart

// favorite beautiful Texas spring days //




 // favorite new instrument //



// favorite new recipe that I want to try // 

// favorite curls //


// favorite throwback comparison  //

2012 to 2015:



Oh my stars. Those kiddos. I had some serious "growing pains" last night at the thought that one day soon they are going to leave me. I can't take how fast it's going! What a gift they all are.

There may be all kinds of evil growing in the world right now, but there are SO many good blessings to be thankful for and so many things to be happy about. :D 

I'm just going to stay away from the news and look through old pictures from now on. :)