avalie turns 7 (not 5!)


This babe's life is flying by. Three different times today I thought my Ava was turning 5, but she's actually turning 7!! My brain refuses to accept the fact that she's actually 7 today.  Wasn't it only yesterday I posted the announcement of her birth?


We made our traditional cinnamon rolls (I literally almost started making a 5!):


We opened presents this morning and her brother brought the giving game to a new level with a live cricket surprise:


She thought it was gross but funny. :D

We kept her biggest birthday surprise a secret all the way there:

We went to see Finding Dory! :)


For dinner tonight, she has requested goulash and a chocolate cake with a red heart:


Oh this precious little girl, what a gift from the Lord. Life just bubbles out of her, and she can giggle for an hour straight: 


My heart aches at how fast she's growing up. Our speaker at the homeschool conference played this video yesterday, and this is everything I'm feeling right now. 


Who knew mama love could be so strong it hurts.