Monday, August 15, 2016

our fifth 3-year-old (how can it be?)

I am in awe of the fact that our fifth kid turned three this weekend. I feel like just yesterday I pushed out this 10 lb. linebacker baby, and somehow he's suddenly potty trained and playing legos with his siblings... :)


Three is a fun age- lots of boundaries being pushed but lots of fun personality coming out too. :D 


We made our traditional cinnamon roll breakfast:


And then we opened presents right away, because why not? :) Long story, but I tried to find a Winnie the Pooh stuffed bear at Toys R' Us and completely struck out, but I remembered we needed a potty seat while we were there. I wasn't intending for it to be a present, but we saw the wrapping paper on the way out and decided one more gift would be fun to open (right?)... :D

So Zane excitedly opened the potty seat first:


He thought it was for fishies, but then the older kids started explaining what it was really for:


And he hates the big potty at home so he didn't like it one bit (I'm DYING laughing here):


Poor kid, he wasn't expecting opening birthday presents to be like that.  Luckily the next gift was much better:


And if you ask me, one of the best parts of having a large family is that we all get to have fun on everyone's birthday. :) You can see they all get into the gifts:

 

And the gift giving too- with limited funds, they make gifts like paper bouncing balls on string:


He only had one request for food- pizza, so we went the most filling route and headed for the buffet:


After that, we played a little flag football with Papa:


And Ivy-loo, mama, and Granna held down the sidelines:


We had an injury :( so we waited to have Zane's Pooh cake until the next morning:


I was so thankful the Lord provided a used Craigslist cake pan the night I needed to bake it! I met the lady, gave her $6 for it and went right home and made the cake! :D I was so thankful since we couldn't find a stuffed bear!! Zane watched me ice it, and I think he really loved it. :D


Precious boy, we are so glad the Lord brought you into our family. Your energetic, loving, polite spirit is such a wonderful gift. You are loved so very much, and we pray your lively spirit grows strong in the Lord and in the power of His might, and that He would use you to preach the Gospel to the nations. You were created for His glory, and we worship the One who brought you into this world, and thank Him for allowing us to be your parents! 

Oh little Zaner, you are such a blessing to us all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...