Monday, December 05, 2016

a break away + the big door (vaca part 1)

I have been enjoying a bit of a break as we finished up our last week of CC for the year! (For the younger ones, anyway). Over the last few weeks of November we worked hard on our last Essentials papers and I taught/subbed lots of fitness classes right before Thanksgiving. We were busy for a bit there. :)

I've also been away from the internet so much more than usual lately, and it's been very good for my soul. Especially after the election, I felt like there was so much noise- so many voices and so many opinions- it felt good to get away from it all for a while. :)


Then we went on a long road trip from Thanksgiving Eve until last weekend and it was a wonderful break away from our regular daily grind. We headed to northwest Arkansas for Thanksgiving at my brother's house and from there we drove through Missouri, Illinios, Indiana, Ohio, and ended in Kentucky in one 12+ hour drive! The kids did so great, we didn't have to break out a movie until the last 3 hours! The baby didn't even cry much, if at all. They never cease to surprise and amaze me!

This was the big reason for the second long leg of our trip:


We went to see the Ark Encounter- a life-sized replica of Noah's ark and museum about the flood (and the Gospel!). It was incredible! We seriously debated as to whether we should go due to the high cost for our crew, but we were so happy we made the decision to after all. It was an unforgettable experience for sure!


It's so hard to get a feeling of scale from pictures, but see that tiny door below?


Here it is from the inside!


I think this door was my absolute favorite place in the entire museum. On the original ark, there was one door. Just like Jesus. He is the one door, the only way to be saved from the destruction that is to come:

I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.
John 10:9

Oh friend, there is nothing more important I could EVER tell you today. The one thing you need to know in this world is that Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end; the Good Shepherd who laid down His life for His sheep.

1“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. 2But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.4When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.
7So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
John 10:1-10

He is life, and when you know Him you also have LIFE. Far greater than you could ever imagine.

Breaks away are lovely sometimes, but nothing satisfies my heart apart from Jesus, my life and my all. He is my salvation and my hope.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...