Thursday, January 12, 2017

GW: saving ridiculous amounts of $$ once again

Not long ago I was pleasantly surprised to find that our local Goodwill (GW) had recently lowered their prices! For a while there, everything was getting so high that I stopped going altogether. We ran in a few weeks ago to look for something specific, and I was so happy to find the cheap old GW I used to love! I only purchased a few little things that we could use, but it still turned out to be a pretty great thrifting day.

I can't remember ever seeing Tupperware at Goodwill before, so when I spotted this veggie tray in perfect condition with a lid for $2, I picked it right up:


My mom actually sold Tupperware when I was a little bitty girl and I have fond memories of most of our storage being really sturdy, useful Tupperware (which she STILL has most of like 25+ years later!).


We washed and used it right away for Christmas, and something about the presentation and the ease of getting dip made the kids eat even more veggies!

Then the husband was possibly even more delighted than I was about Tupperware when I carried these Bible study guides to him for .50 each:


He had recently bought me two of these very kind of books for $8+ each!!

So... according to Tupperware's and Amazon's current prices, we would have paid $45 + $64 = $109. (!!!)

Instead, we found them at the thrift store for $2 + $4 = $6.

We saved $103 on a small stack of books and a veggie tray!

$103.

Even after all these years, I seriously still cannot understand how this is possible.

But you know what? I'll take it. :)


(For more crazy thrifting stories, here is a 31-day series I did on my favorite finds and thrifting tips!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...