morning, noon, and night (life lately)

When a friend asked me if we were taking off for spring break this morning, I replied with I'm not sure yet (since we just took a week off for winter break). But the internal debate is definitely still raging because I've been tiiiiireeed these past few weeks. :) Maybe it's the wrangling of six kids or the growing of number seven, but phew. I've needed lots of naps lately. :P 

I guess it could also be that sleeping at night is MIA right now. George Mueller advises you (in his autobiography) to get up as soon as you wake up for the first time, but on my early-rising days I wake up at 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4,... multiple times per hour. I get so worried I will miss my alarm that I startle awake and obsessively check my phone every time I wake up. Like 10x per night. :/

Random bits of my life I'm sure you wanted to know. :P

Good thing you can't see my tired eyes here since we were all blinded by the North Texas morning sun: ;)


And speaking of sunlight, I might be biased but I think East Texas has some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. This was Saturday's sunrise:


And this little lady apparently wants to see the sunrise too these days:


She decided to put herself down (on top of everything) when we wouldn't take her to her room for her designated 11 a.m. naptime. :P 

She didn't stay there long, thanks to her 3-year-old brother, but had a catnap in the car instead and was thankfully mostly happy during a quick Sam's run:


(I say quick- I honestly wish it took a little longer to drop $300 there... ahem. :D).

We've been going for more walks in the evenings, and on a rare occasion even Zane gives up and takes a late nap. :D (waking up in hysterics, almost every time!)

falling asleep last week

Last night we grilled out after our walk:


The kids begged to sit outside, and it was perfect:



Tired and all, somehow we seem to make it through each day. It's not always easy but when I step back and look at the bigger picture, it's so beautiful. We're all living, growing, and moving, and it's amazing. The Lord orchestrated all of this- everything- down to the very food He provided for us to eat for dinner. My mind cannot comprehend how or why He decided to create us and place us here together, in this time, and give us all these precious people to love. 

I can't understand it, but oh, I'm so grateful for all of it. I am in awe of God's kindness to me.