Monday, July 31, 2017

catching up + a month of blogging

So the last three weeks since the baby was born have been a little harder than I expected. :) It wasn't Naomi's fault- she's a super sweet baby and a good sleeper (as well as one can hope for, anyway.).


She has been perfect- other than getting a little behind on her weight gain, she is doing very well! :) That was a first for us, as far as I can remember. :D I think her heavy sleeping and the fact that she rarely cried may be the reason she didn't quite get back to her birthweight by two weeks (she was 8 lbs. 15 oz at birth, and 8 lbs. 10 oz at 2 weeks). But thankfully she seems to be gaining much better now, in spite of all the crazy we've had happening here in the last three weeks.




It's been so wonderful to have her on the outside with us. :D


After the last few weeks, I feel like I have so much to catch up on here! 

The other day I talked with Robert about a crazy idea I had and he gave it his stamp of approval. It may be the result of a bit of postpartum delirium, but I'm planning on blogging every day in August if the Lord allows! I miss blogging regularly and I'm hoping writing smaller, more frequent posts will be less daunting than composing longer ones, and that maybe with the Lord's help I can overcome some fears I have had in regard to writing here. It may just be something short every day, but I'm looking forward to making myself do it, hahah! :)

I'm excited to get back to a regular life routine again too. We've been out of school for a month, and I feel like I've been out of commission for the last four weeks. Just being able to really clean and move and bend over is a blessing when you have so many people to care for, haha! :) The kids have been so great though, and Robert took awesome care of me (until he was injured last week, but that's a story for another day...).

Here's my to-do list this week:

:: do ::
read + pray alone-ish
write thank you notes
return sweet friends' dishes
catch up on text messages 
blog every day (!!!! yay!!!)
midwife + R's dr. appointment
exercise 3-5x
plan out August goals

:: read ::
Judges + Psalms

:: learn ::
listen to 2 teachings/sermons

:: be ::
unsurprised.

The Bible tells us not to be surprised when a fiery trial comes upon you and tests your faith- and that's what I need to remember in unexpectedly hard times. Every situation is given to me by God, and through His divine power He has equipped me with everything I need in order to become more holy like Him through it. Though it's not easy to be in the middle of it, I can trust it's all going to be for our good.

:: meal plans ::
frozen meals x 3  
pancakes + eggs (the kids will cook! They're growing up!)
hamburgers + tater tots
dinner out
pizza/ family night

Lord-willing, I'll see you tomorrow for the beginning of a month of blogging! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...